Have questions about the new Hydros Launch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this will help if you have more unanswered questions after reading the article Link. We were at RAP Orlando this weekend as a vendor right across from the CoralVue booth so I had time to learn more about the Maven, Hydros Launch & Hydros Minnow. I hope to have the RAP videos released soon.

launchportsillustrated.jpg

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a question in regards to the 10v in plug. On the hydros launch, there is only 1 plug. Could I control two Reefbrite xho for Radion xr15.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question in regards to the 10v in plug. On the hydros launch, there is only 1 plug. Could I control two Reefbrite xho for Radion xr15.
doubtful, looks like the xho15 needs a power brick, ... im not sure what voltage the power brick is.. but it may be you can use the kraken to connect to it, and eliminate that power brick

boogie79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just received the Launch, Wave Engine V2, Maxspect adapter, command bus and terminators. I'm supposed to attach the adapter, then plug it into the WE, then plug the power cord of the gyre into the Launch?

oorob00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Launch you cannot control anything with the 0-10v input, you would need an 0-10v output for that. You can use the input for magnet switches or a control box. I use the magnet switch on one of my stand doors to control an outlet on my XP8 to turn on or off LED lights when I open or close the door. A control box can be used to activate certain modes like Water Change, Feed Mode, Normal or a Custom one.

oorob00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the Launch, Wave Engine V2, Maxspect adapter, command bus and terminators. I'm supposed to attach the adapter, then plug it into the WE, then plug the power cord of the gyre into the Launch?
You should put a terminator on one of the Lauch command cable ports, then use a command cable to connect the Lauch to the Wave Engine, another terminator on the Wave Engine command port. Then plug power for the Wave Engine into the power port and plug that power brick into the wall, it is not suggested to use the Lauch to power the Wave Engine's power brick. Then use the Maxspect adapter on the end of the gyre cord and plug the adapter into the Wave Engine. No need to use the power supply or controller that came with the gyre, the Wave Engine will power and controll it.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back