surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can we say......mark up!!! lol

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=2603

i think i got mine from a LFS for $40...so i imagine the LFS buys it from ORA for...$20 maybe?

liveaquaria is making good $$ off of $70.

jocox...how much did chris charge you guys for the one you just got? just curious if ORA has raised the price since i got mine from chris.

Last edited:

jocoxVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$39 I believe and it was a good size frag as well (although as you know his prices are hard to beat), $70 seems ridiculous though I personally have never seen ORA go for that high.

toddman74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think liveaquaria is bein rediculous for asking that much. They're a big operation with lots of customer service people on the payroll, and they have the 14 days or 30 days guarantee... no one else has that online or lfs. So along with the risk of guarantee, they have to charge that much.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extreme asks $89 for theirs...

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lfs sells it for 39.99 as well. nice sized. liveaquaria is always weird with their prices. some lower, some way too marked up

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i;m pretty sure you paid 20 for yours, i paid 15:D

true, the first one i got which was from mikes show tank, but that was a cutting from his colony.

i got another one from the LFS up here, which came in straight from ORA, and that was $40. (was on the ORA type frag plug)

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't that ORA has raised their prices...it is that they limit how many a vendor can purchase. 2 frags per $200 wholesale order. So if the frags are popular they will be a little harder to keep in stock. Atleast thats the way my sponsors explained it to me.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't that ORA has raised their prices...it is that they limit how many a vendor can purchase. 2 frags per $200 wholesale order. So if the frags are popular they will be a little harder to keep in stock. Atleast thats the way my sponsors explained it to me.

that sounds about right. but they buy it from ORA for somewhere around $20-$30 per frag. just a max of 2 per order can be made from ORA.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was told they pay 25.00 for them and the local pet store could only get 2 of them--

they get a few acros when they order clown fish

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got some coming to start my own grow stock plus abunch of others and yes you have to buy a min 200 worth of fish even before you can order coral frags but ive got 2 comin might part with one if they both come in well.

drowzee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine came with green polyps instead of blue. i need patience to color up. if u get yours at $15-20 thats cheap. don't they sell them at that amount already plus shipping. imo roscoe's blue is much prettier .

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine came with green polyps instead of blue. i need patience to color up. if u get yours at $15-20 thats cheap. don't they sell them at that amount already plus shipping. imo roscoe's blue is much prettier .

came with green polyps? not sure how thats possible...everyone i've seen had plenty blue polyps.

i saw the roscoes...IMO it looks so similar to the chips acro and tort...

drowzee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
came with green polyps? not sure how thats possible...everyone i've seen had plenty blue polyps.

i saw the roscoes...IMO it looks so similar to the chips acro and tort...

green like the hulk.:). i guess i got the green acro with green polyps. my luck. roscoes look more like a tenius with blue tips.

Back