Picassos and Black O's

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of "Picasso offspring" for my nano. They are not considered True Picassos as ORA deemed them not "messed up" enough to qualify as true Picassos.

P7260351.jpg

P7260348.jpg

P7260346.jpg

Very beautiful in my opinion! I think they look better than my last pair. :)

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rik, if you piut them in high light they will develop more black. Sure you al ready know that though. :)

Basically what I'm saying is..

TAKE THEM OUT OF THAT SORRY EXCUSE OF A NANO. :)

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mbunaman, how many pairs of clowns do you have?!

This is my tally.

I have a pair of True Percs from Papa New Guinea ( my first clownfish pair ever) the orange is so bright. Chris seen these when he came by my house last winter. Possibly because I feed Rod's Food and spectrum flake.

I have a pair of ORA Picasso Clowns. ( I have these at my GF house)

I have a pair of ORA naked Occelaris

What I want to get in the future
Pair of Snowflake Occelaris
Pair of Wild Black Occelaris
Pair of Rod's Onyx.
I want to get possible repair my ORA picassos with Rod's Onyx clowns. I would love to breed clownfish since the last 10 years I used to breed Discus and African Cichlids. But I am planning on moving in a year or year and a half so I might hold off until then for the breeding of the clownfish.

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hexedagain, where'd you get those snowflakes?

I know that my picassos are sort of drab by comparison, but it seems like a lot of the other picassos that I've seen have deformities such as flared gills, and my two kids are perfectly normal, which I think I'd take instead. Not saying that any of you have pics with flared gills, just stating an observation and making myself feel better about having "drab" picassos :)

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The snowflakes look too abnormal for me, almost look like burn victims of the deep.

I have to agree here. They have a bit too much white on them. I prefer the Picassos, but to each his own. How are yours doing Rik?

hexedagain

Yuma Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hexedagain, where'd you get those snowflakes?

I know that my picassos are sort of drab by comparison, but it seems like a lot of the other picassos that I've seen have deformities such as flared gills, and my two kids are perfectly normal, which I think I'd take instead. Not saying that any of you have pics with flared gills, just stating an observation and making myself feel better about having "drab" picassos :)

I got the from one of my local fish stores. Both the snowflakes and picassos came from Sea in the City in Orlando.
I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but here is a link to her website forum. You can find the waiting list for picassos and snowflakes on there.
http://seainthecity.com/smf/index.php?board=16.0
I also don't see you picassos as drab at all. Be happy to have them, and proud that they are healthy. I love the sideburns that some of them have. Does either have a square on it's cheek?

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey bro no problem with that link. :D

I will be in Orlando for 3 days so I need to visit there.

Oh you need to sign up to view the forum.

hexedagain

Yuma Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro no problem with that link. :D

I will be in Orlando for 3 days so I need to visit there.

Oh you need to sign up to view the forum.

Cool, I am glad I didn't step on any toes.
Yes you have to check them out while in Orlando. Tell Marcye the owner who your are on here and RC, and then ask her to see her farm next door. ;)There is another store right outside of Orlando called Lake Mary. They have a nice store called Reef Works. Those two are two of the tops in O-town.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back