SPS price?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I was wondering what you folks pay for stuff, I went to a swap and fragged a ton of SPS, more than what I would consider 1" and was asking $10 each unmounted?

Was it just the crowd or was that overpriced? They were pink/red millis green millis, a few differant SPS acros Tricolors, aqua colored, I don't know it was awhile back maybe it was the wrong crowd?

I seriously don't get into names maybe I should?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok how many can I get for $10 each? LOL!

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap if its an Aquacultured one's :)

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have pics? Have anything pre-sold? I have found that the more you pre-sell the better, and have pics available of what you're selling there. Its tough to see how beautiful the coral is in a bag under normal lighting.

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah most were grown by me? I am not sure the origin was AC? but I have had the colonies for awhile? They were just out groing the area they were in?

I know have the mounted and encrusting and if there is interste here I will move 'em to the selling thread wit ha min of 5 + shiping?

I was just curious, cause I thought it was a good price?

ONe example? MAybe I need Colony pics? Like this one to go with the Frags?

DSC00779.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Left overs?

DSC00869.jpg

Even purple HAze encrusting monti I was asking $20!! 2x2 or more? You can see in he back?

The swap was all te way accrossthe state for me and a few people said they would be intereseted, so ifig I would help 'em out and the never showed! GRR

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sps are sometimes difficult to move, most people who keep sps have most of the common stuff, such as mille's, and even with rare stuff unless you have a large group of sps people you might have trouble

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't know what is high end I hate buying stuff with a stamp of cerification for the all special mr or ms blah la blah! SO I fig for $10 buck a pop even the NANO person could try 'em? OH well live and learn?

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, you need better pics and much closer pics. Your lighting also looks pretty white, actinics may help them look a bit more colorful. From the pics, alot of it looks like run-of-the-mill sps, your purple haze doesn't even stand out. Not trying to criticize, just some advice but it sounds mean when I type it:) If you compare it to zoos, if you had brown-looking zoos from far away you wouldn't sell many, but if you had close-up pics showing the true colors then they'd fly off the shelf.

I've sold a ton of stuff at swaps, and good pics are the key.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was trying to sell them in person not online...I think he posted a quick pic just to give us an idea

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i go to swaps i find the same thing, SPS is just a special market and many are not ready to try at any price. at swaps i sell my "common" SPS frags 10 - 15$ (mounted and encrusted) and usually manage to sell most of them but.... the last big swap i was at i had a ton of softies, shrooms, and zoas and they all went in a hurry but the people there only selling SPS's went home with most of their stuff. and the people with the real "high end" stuff ie. LE acros, micros, blastos, challis, expensive zoas types, went home with a almost all of their own bags. frag swaps are not the place to sell specialized goods. if i have a sweet pack of SPS ready to go, a few nice pics posted on the local clubs forum is always better. JMO

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working on the lighting thing I have been trying to swap corals + the 10K coralife 4 months old for a 14K phenoiks, and yes Ireally do need to improve on my camera work, all taken as cronstructive critisism that is why I posted!

And yeah the PH has fadded not being under the 400s, but even there I have 1 10K and one 15K? with 2 55 watt T-5 actinices not on indy refelctors? I really need new lights?

But just for the sake of it, this milli has a hot red with green base? Can't really see it in the pics and probably wasnt to open at the swap I should have brought a phot album?

Is this guy run of the mill?
DSC00858.jpg

See I have a problem to cause this is a pics of that frag colony? Just poor at takin pics
DSC00534.jpg

Green
DSC00177.jpg

And this piece about 1/2 of the braches is Monti captita
DSC00391.jpg

This Acro? Is much mare dark thurquoise now?
DSC00271.jpg

AHh ya live and ya learn right?

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no lighting expert, but I have found that I like the way 20k looks best if you have halide, or the equivalent with other lighting. You get a good amount of the actinic spectrum for the looks and growth, but not too much to make the corals look fake. Reds look amazing under 20k, they seem to glow. I have a purple haze under t-5's with 2 actinic and 2 10,000k at the top of the tank. It's my favorite...the color is amazing:) I am experimenting with 3 actinic, I'll keep you posted.

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe with all the pests in this hobby and so many people with out qt tanks you really have to know the source of your corals and even then you still have to treat every coral. Sounds like your prices where good.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%

Back