Starfish Information / Care

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone who has had some experience with a red fancy serpent starfish give me some information on it's care? I've been trying to read up on this starfish but i've been getting conflicting information. From what i've read the serpent seastars are typically not too difficult to keep but i'm unsure about the fancy ones. Any info would be helpful. Just not sure if I should attempt getting one or not.

-Craig

OP
OP
cbau45

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jestersix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for about 6 months - first in my frag tank, now in my 30G Cube. Super easy, and you actually see them on a regular basis. Only problem is I have to feed mine before I feed my Sun coral or it steals the mysis!

OP
OP
cbau45

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for about 6 months - first in my frag tank, now in my 30G Cube. Super easy, and you actually see them on a regular basis. Only problem is I have to feed mine before I feed my Sun coral or it steals the mysis!

That's good to know. I don't have any sun corals so I don't mind feeding it. I was just curious as to how they held up in a reef tank. I may try to snag one once I get my 150cube up and going. I'm in the process of setting that up and will be moving everything from my 60cube over to that. Thanks for the reply.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Full frame

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back