Tunze Osmolator 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brink1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased a Tunze Osmolator 3 last week, the green light stays on and the water level keeps dropping. The pump will not kick on to fill. Any suggestions? I already cleaned with Vinegar.

Thank you

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get a photo of the controller/sensor? The clearer the better, there is a specific detail I am looking for with sensor/board line up. Is it possibly being used in an area with a growlight spectrum light?

OP
OP
B

Brink1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, thank you for responding so quickly. It is back in the return pump chamber of my ATO. Here are some photos. Thank you again for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_6526.jpeg
    IMG_6526.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6529.jpeg
    IMG_6529.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6528.jpeg
    IMG_6528.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
B

Brink1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get a photo of the controller/sensor? The clearer the better, there is a specific detail I am looking for with sensor/board line up. Is it possibly being used in an area with a growlight spectrum light?
Attached are some photos above. Thank you.

gill7784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing the exact same thing. 1 week old and the light stays green despite a low level in my sump.

17117527842617325531206910461370.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In both cases, I need a photo just sitting on a table powered off, I am looking to see the circuit board alignment with the lens as well as any lens defects/blemishes. I will also need serial number and receipt to get them exchanged, can you please PM me this info and include your address. I assume that you have lifted them completely out of water as a test? It is difficult to perceive the water line with the light on for me looking at these photos. To be clear the pump should turn off and on a little below the middle point of the cone in the middle.

gill7784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic out of the water and powered off.

Where is the serial number located on these? Nevermind, found it!

20240401_182615.jpg

Last edited:

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine, after replacing the previous model, is also doing precisely the same thing. I checked after realizing I'd not needed to top off the RO water in the reservoir in a week, the water had dropped by several gallons and the salinity jumped up several points. Highly irritated by this and seeking a more reliable ATO now.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you prefer to buy something else, I cannot stop you, but if you want to resolve the issue with this one it has a 5 year warranty, I need a lot more info though to work on. The grass may look greener somewhere else but it is definitely Chinese astroturf.

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you prefer to buy something else, I cannot stop you, but if you want to resolve the issue with this one it has a 5 year warranty, I need a lot more info though to work on. The grass may look greener somewhere else but it is definitely Chinese astroturf.
I would much rather keep with Tunze as it's been my go-to brand for years. What do you need from me? A photo of the circuit as above? I have pm'd you with photos and the receipt from BRS.

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back