Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
yes. immediately after acclimating the new fish i place in acclimation box for a few days to a week depending how the other fish seem to behave. i highly suggest doing this to any new fish you add to avoid any potential aggression so you can also avoid having to take out the bully or victim.

Upvote 0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to not, but having a really aggressive clownfish changed things. Now, I prefer to use an isolation box whenever I’m adding a fish that I’d like to get used to the tank before interacting with other fish. It helps ease the fish into the environment before putting it with larger, aggressive fish that could stress it out further.
For me, it’s a very similar process as regular acclimation, but once I get the fish used to the water, I move it into an isolation box for about six hours before opening it and letting the fish swim out.

Upvote 0

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have but don't normally. I used it mostly to pair clowns. I think it may cause stress on the new fish but that's JMO watching how fish act when in a isolation box.
EDIT: I have the 16x6x8 version of that box and use it with the dividers removed. A small fish could live in it . I would not use the small one unless your adding very small fish.

Upvote 0

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 76 53.1%
  • NO

Votes: 44 30.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back