Worth It To Frag A Turbinaria Renformis?

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Turbinaria renformis has grown to a little over thirteen inches wide and after finding the right flow/lighting combination is getting brighter yellow all the time. There are some places where it could be trimmed up a bit.

I have very little experience with fragging and selling coral, so I thought I would put the question out to you folks that do it frequently, if it would be worth my time to attach the trimmed pieces to reef wafers and offer them for sale? If so, what size should I make the frags and how much would be a fair price for this particular coral? Or, what might I ask for in trade?

Thanks for any input.

turbinaria-renformis.jpg

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should check over at Club-Turbinaria.com.... J/K I have a Turbinaria that is on R&R from the LFS.... It just stayed there so long it started fading away... but it has started the recovery... from what i've read they are slow growers so I would think the frag would need to be larger what we are used to doing... Good luck

OP
OP
Nikon_Guy

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should check over at Club-Turbinaria.com.... J/K I have a Turbinaria that is on R&R from the LFS.... It just stayed there so long it started fading away... but it has started the recovery... from what i've read they are slow growers so I would think the frag would need to be larger what we are used to doing... Good luck

I had read the part about slow growing also. Not sure exactly what "slow" means but this is a picture from eight months ago. I was rather suprised at the difference.
cup-coral.jpg

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"slow growing" could be from having a tank that is too clean... I feed my 125 pretty good and that is where I placed the Turbinaria, I know my LFS does not feed the coral tanks at all... they have one like yours that is in pretty bad shape and I may bring it home to fatten it up... There may not be much demand for these... what ever your doing keep it up, it's working

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NG, IMO I really like them especially yours? AS fot frag this is back to the way it should be? No one else influencing your cost like unless you fell you have a LE Scroll! LOL If you need to frag it and some one else want it, you 2 should come to an agrement on what you think it is worht?

I have a piece that is whorling nice yellow like yours, lets just say If it was completly fragged apart I would get say 8-2x2" pieces and I would ask about $10? Or if you get someone that wants a bigger piece I would give QT discount. LOL

That is just my opionion don't forget? I like mine so maybe I over priced and maybe some would feel I over priced. But if I like it that is what I am asking.

Oh yeah BTW Awsome pic of course, that is a very nice piece! Willing to sell the whole thing?

OP
OP
Nikon_Guy

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah BTW Awsome pic of course, that is a very nice piece! Willing to sell the whole thing?

I can't do that, this was my first coral that wasn't a softy. It would be like selling my child. Well, I guess if you hit me on the right day, I might be tempted to sell my child, but not this coral!:D

Back