1714370936912.png
Hehe, my other favorite cherrios!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially if your on pain meds and you don't know how to read a syringe like me yesterday... lol
And now you know another reason I love the Hanna’s. I can read a digital number - lol.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those who believe in and utilize copepods, I have a question.

I did a fair a,Lunt of reading anf]d video watching along with reading vendors explanations on putting Rotifors in your tank and keeping a healthy population.

I’m still confused - Are they really just meant for breeding fry, and other things? Are they just a food for breeding? And you ideally need a fuge for them?

I didn’t see anywhere that they help like copepods for detritus and such. I have been under the assumption they’re not necessary for me.

thoughts?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now my tailspot hides most of the time but so do all the new fish unless it's feeding time.
Mine did also for the first few days but now is out and about all the time.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my Florida trip will be week of May 13th. confirming flights with TSA tomorrow and then will start new thread. Because some extra money has come my Way (hmmm), I have added a day to my trip so I can officially tour World Wide Corals as well and can purchase a camera to document this once in a lifetime trip.

WWC are the ones that got me into this hobby and in all honesty kept me in it to try again with this new tank. Hoping Victor and Josh will be available. I will be so giddy that whole week seeing all these display tanks, farms, etc. at both companies. I have never actually seen corals grown out into colonies or tanks that are actually designed from scape to coral. Only online in photos and videos. Not to mention the FISH! If I see a mature chocolate tang, he is going around my neck in a fish bowl like Gil, in What About Bob!

Unfortunately my son won’t be able to join me - he just got promoted to a manager at the restaurant he works at and can’t ask for that much time off in the first month. I totally understand and support that but am really really bummed. But can’t let him know that. If I’m honest with myself I probably could not have done Disneyworld or Universal this close to finishing radiation. Not prudent to put that kind of pressure on leg going on rides. Until these latest scans I just did, I didn’t know the extent of the damage.

My inclination is to always be paying it forward when it comes to my good fortune and blessings so I got this hair-brained idea to see if Dylan could join me and experience the best of the best in LFS in this country and take what he learned and utilize that knowledge at his store. I asked TSA and they said yes. Dylan is seeing if he could get away and let his two partners handle the store and also afford the trip as it’s on his dime.

My even further hair-brained idea would be if TSA comes to RAP in Anaheim in September, that Blaine does a client tank visit at my house to show all the progress I’ve had with the $1000 in corals I won. My tank already has 75% TSA corals so it would be loaded. And then visits Dylan’s store. It’s a stretch, but I’ve made a lot more crazy ideas then this come to fruition.

And even if he can’t make the trip, I will have a blast. I loved traveling on business trips when I worked for Berkshire Hathaway- and that was just to their offices in Omaha, Colorado, San Diego. I always thought of them as adventures- meet local people sitting at restaurant bars eating dinner, walking around a downtown looking at architecture. So this trip will be the same - I will get to meet cool people like TARAS! @tbrown imagine the cool conversations at dinner with him and the TSA team! His videos are off the charts!

All of it would make me feel like I continue to have a purpose on this Earth that extends past family and friends. It’s how I’m wired.
Your positivity always amazes me. Congratulations to your son but I wish he was going with you. Can’t wait to see all the pictures!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those who believe in and utilize copepods, I have a question.

I did a fair a,Lunt of reading anf]d video watching along with reading vendors explanations on putting Rotifors in your tank and keeping a healthy population.

I’m still confused - Are they really just meant for breeding fry, and other things? Are they just a food for breeding? And you ideally need a fuge for them?

I didn’t see anywhere that they help like copepods for detritus and such. I have been under the assumption they’re not necessary for me.

thoughts?
Same, I’ve never added them and have only seen them mentioned for raising fry.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning, test salinity about once a week with calibrated hanna dipper.
not too worried reefs are both over 250 gal each ,so no swings from evap... :)
@ESABOE pinpoint ph monitor, check at close to same time almost daily
rt now 7 am 8.1 peak 6pm 8.35 midnight 8.15ish

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back