OP
OP
S

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and sorry you had a crash during the move. What new livestock are you planning?
Thanks! I moved it from a place that rarely got above 83 deg to a place where it is summer 9 months of the year. Didn't occur to me that it might be so dang hot. Such a stupid mistake to make. The buyers would have definitely let me leave it there a few days but I never asked because I didn't know them well at that point.
I am doing fire rebuilds now and I plan to airbb. I am going to put it in the house I am currently building. RN the tank is 3 hrs away so I can't do much. I did recently put some peppermint shrimp to hopefully make a dent into the aiptasia population that exploded while I have been away. One of my aunts lives somewhat close by and has young children so I am going to set it up in their home when I have some time.
I will keep much the same mix of fish as I always have but change things up in terms of species as typical. For coral I like to go fully mixed as there are a number of corals in each category that I absolutely love.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I moved it from a place that rarely got above 83 deg to a place where it is summer 9 months of the year. Didn't occur to me that it might be so dang hot. Such a stupid mistake to make. The buyers would have definitely let me leave it there a few days but I never asked because I didn't know them well at that point.
I am doing fire rebuilds now and I plan to airbb. I am going to put it in the house I am currently building. RN the tank is 3 hrs away so I can't do much. I did recently put some peppermint shrimp to hopefully make a dent into the aiptasia population that exploded while I have been away. One of my aunts lives somewhat close by and has young children so I am going to set it up in their home when I have some time.
I will keep much the same mix of fish as I always have but change things up in terms of species as typical. For coral I like to go fully mixed as there are a number of corals in each category that I absolutely love.
Where did you move to? I had the same experience moving from MD to FL and not realizing the effort needed for temp management

OP
OP
S

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you move to? I had the same experience moving from MD to FL and not realizing the effort needed for temp management
I took the aquarium to my parents house near Sacramento, CA. I am still in the same area living in an RV while I build this house.
That is a crazy move. I've always learned my biggest lessons thru mistakes. I have never had a flawless move. Lost fish everytime including times I have moved everything into another tank in the same house. Outcomes have always been worst with the biggest most dominant fish. You would think their confidence lends to some resilience but I guess when you are on the top there is a lot more to the fall. It probably doesn't help that I run heavy on bio load so I now qt all large fish on move. Er at least when there are fish to QT. Still hurts almost a year on. Can't wait to get back into it. So sorry to hear the sun has claimed more victims. How is your recovery going?

Back