125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently Aiptasia can eat Berghia. I read that AFTER I dropped one of them right onto the crown of an Aiptasia. I figured I was done for after that, but looking in the tank today it appears the other two have been busy! The Zoa rock is almost bare of Aiptasia, all of the large Aiptasia in my Refugium are gone, and several throughout the tank are in various stages of being munched upon... 2 Berghia (unless the 3rd ate his way out of the Aiptasia that I watched eat him...) in a 125 LOADED with Aiptasia and, after a week probably close to half of the Aiptasia is gone.
Wow - 2 did all that . Totally worth their cost!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse me
D64D61AD-B234-4859-BC52-259265B40EA2.gif
0DB1343C-6358-49D5-BE1F-DA3C7A32CDE2.gif

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tbrown, a question about your Berghia. Did they look just like the pictures with lots of fine cerata? This is going to seem nuts but I woke up this morning thinking about the Mystic Sunset in my tank. The two Berghia I introduced on Thursday came from a well-known coral farm so I can't believe I'm thinking this but I remember that when I dropped them in I thought how one of them looked just like MEN with just a few large cerata. I'm not sure anymore what the other one looked like but I think it was 'fuzzier' The nudibranchs were tiny, only about 1/2" long. The thing is it dawned on me this morning that one of the nudibranchs, the one that reminded me of a MEN, landed on the same rock where the Mystic Sunset is and only a few inches from it. That was on Thursday. This was the monti on Saturday morning:

MSM-20240511.jpg

It sounds like paranoia but now I'm wondering. I've been watching the two new fish, the CBB and the bristletooth and neither of them have seemed to show any interest in the Mystic Sunset.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@tbrown, a question about your Berghia. Did they look just like the pictures with lots of fine cerata? This is going to seem nuts but I woke up this morning thinking about the Mystic Sunset in my tank. The two Berghia I introduced on Thursday came from a well-known coral farm so I can't believe I'm thinking this but I remember that when I dropped them in I thought how one of them looked just like MEN with just a few large cerata. I'm not sure anymore what the other one looked like but I think it was 'fuzzier' The nudibranchs were tiny, only about 1/2" long. The thing is it dawned on me this morning that one of the nudibranchs, the one that reminded me of a MEN, landed on the same rock where the Mystic Sunset is and only a few inches from it. That was on Thursday. This was the monti on Saturday morning:

MSM-20240511.jpg

It sounds like paranoia but now I'm wondering. I've been watching the two new fish, the CBB and the bristletooth and neither of them have seemed to show any interest in the Mystic Sunset.
Mine had a bunch. My MEN were bluish tinted cerata. Honestly though, my MEN looked similar to the Berghia except blue cerata on a white body. The Berghia were more tan/grey.

Last edited:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine had a bunch. My MEN were bluish tinted cerata. Honestly though, my MEN looked similar to the Berghia except blue cerata on a white body. The Berghia were more tan/grey.
I got young ones that were just white but it seems to me the cerata were fewer and thicker than the photos I've seen of Berghia. If I hadn't just added the nudi, and if it wasn't from a respected source, I'd have plucked it with great prejudice from my tank. MEN are not fun to deal with. I'm probably wrong, due to the source, but when I remembered that I put the nudi in just a few inches from the Mystic Sunset and that two days later the Mystic Sunset has been grazed and that the nudi looked very much like a MEN...

Thanks

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got young ones that were just white but it seems to me the cerata were fewer and thicker than the photos I've seen of Berghia. If I hadn't just added the nudi, and if it wasn't from a respected source, I'd have plucked it with great prejudice from my tank. MEN are not fun to deal with. I'm probably wrong, due to the source, but when I remembered that I put the nudi in just a few inches from the Mystic Sunset and that two days later the Mystic Sunset has been grazed and that the nudi looked very much like a MEN...

Thanks
I quoted the post from my old tank that had MEN on your build thread with a picture. From my recollection the Berghia are larger. I could be wrong...

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 63 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.6%
Back