OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where oh where are pictures of said pond and stacked 125s?

Hmmm?
1711819725262.gif
Ok. You asked I try to deliver. I'm not home so these are a bit older but here ya go. The pond needs some sprucing up, pulling dead leaves and stuff the 125s probably need glass cleaning I'll try to get some newer ones soon way more green sticking out of the pond now.
20230802_190437.jpg

125s
20210422_180438_HDR.jpg

Lily in the pond. They only bloom once a year and I get more every time. And pond....
20210907_171859_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some weekly maintenance yesterday and started diy coral snow. I used @SunnyX recipe. I used biodigest, fuel and a little vitachem. Different than what he uses. I may get the exact stuff he uses in the future I have selcon but it must still be in the other fridge. After 6hrs think it's pretty clear.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont usually run mechanical filtration (skimmer yes) but I did put some filter floss in an area that I have set up just in case I want to. I did this for the coral snow treatment. I pulled it out 2 days after. I noticed the skimmer started to really work hard after the snow. Super thick nasty skimmate more so then normal. I figured this would happen. What I didnt expect was how little its pulling now very light tea colored water. I think the snow and added mech filtration really pulled a ton of stuff out. I had to adjust the skimmer. I havent tested nitrate or phos yet will do it this weekend before weekly maintenance.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I should post an update. Someone somewhere may be interested....lol.

I have not done a water change in a month. Why because the fuge is handling the nutrient export to well. I removed half of the mass of caulerpa and cut my lighting on it down 2 more hrs. Or could it be from the coral snow?
Nitrates are 5 on a hannah and phosphates are .03-.05.
I dont like to ride the razor in nutrients. I'd be happier with n15 and p.05-.09. I still feed the corals every couple days and add aminos every other day. The fish get feed 2 times daily flake food early and a cube of frozen at night. Broadcast feed arcti pods daily and reef roids 2 times a week. Tang gets a good size chunk of nori daily.
Fish
Ebli mimic
4 scissortail darts
yellow assessor
Timor wrasse
All fish happy and healthy doing fish stuff.
alk 8.8-9
calc 450-480
mag...last time I checked was 1580 multiple tests came out close to the same number every time.
Daily all for reef dose have backed off amount from reasons below.

The not good stuff. I went to a frag swap and got some nice pieces....one was not so happy but looked just ticked off so I dipped all new corals and put them in the tank. It looks like I brought in bjd probably on the not so happy frogspawn. It was the first to show signs, fragged and dipped, then a torch been with me since I got back over a year ago lost it, then the frogspawn again fragged dipped again, then another torch fragged dipped, and so on. Been trying to find cipro no luck until this past friday. @crazyfishmom posted a link in another thread I ordered from them we will see if it gets here. I have tried redslime remover low grade antibiotic hasn't helped, oxolinic acid dip hasn't helped. Its in the tank so I need a stronger full tank treatment I think, hoping cipro will be the one.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I guess I should post an update. Someone somewhere may be interested....lol.

I have not done a water change in a month. Why because the fuge is handling the nutrient export to well. I removed half of the mass of caulerpa and cut my lighting on it down 2 more hrs. Or could it be from the coral snow?
Nitrates are 5 on a hannah and phosphates are .03-.05.
I dont like to ride the razor in nutrients. I'd be happier with n15 and p.05-.09. I still feed the corals every couple days and add aminos every other day. The fish get feed 2 times daily flake food early and a cube of frozen at night. Broadcast feed arcti pods daily and reef roids 2 times a week. Tang gets a good size chunk of nori daily.
Fish
Ebli mimic
4 scissortail darts
yellow assessor
Timor wrasse
All fish happy and healthy doing fish stuff.
alk 8.8-9
calc 450-480
mag...last time I checked was 1580 multiple tests came out close to the same number every time.
Daily all for reef dose have backed off amount from reasons below.

The not good stuff. I went to a frag swap and got some nice pieces....one was not so happy but looked just ticked off so I dipped all new corals and put them in the tank. It looks like I brought in bjd probably on the not so happy frogspawn. It was the first to show signs, fragged and dipped, then a torch been with me since I got back over a year ago lost it, then the frogspawn again fragged dipped again, then another torch fragged dipped, and so on. Been trying to find cipro no luck until this past friday. @crazyfishmom posted a link in another thread I ordered from them we will see if it gets here. I have tried redslime remover low grade antibiotic hasn't helped, oxolinic acid dip hasn't helped. Its in the tank so I need a stronger full tank treatment I think, hoping cipro will be the one.
Crossing fingers it gets to you soon! Sucks when it becomes an infestation like this. Let us know how it goes. If possible, I would consider trying to treat all euphyllia in a separate tank with a high dose cipro bath before doing the entire tank. I know this is not an attractive option. Either way, following and hoping it works well for you!

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crossing fingers it gets to you soon! Sucks when it becomes an infestation like this. Let us know how it goes. If possible, I would consider trying to treat all euphyllia in a separate tank with a high dose cipro bath before doing the entire tank. I know this is not an attractive option. Either way, following and hoping it works well for you!
Thanks this was my plan! I was going to start the weeklong tank treatment of adding the cipro in the dosage recommended (I have saved the thread I saw) on the main tank every other day and then pull all the euphyllia into a 10g or possibly a tote with a small powerhead and do what I saw recommended as a 3-5x dose for an hour.
If you look at the video above that is the suspected culprit right smack in the middle looking happy as all get out after being in the tank for 2 days at that point. Fragswap was on the 5th.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks this was my plan! I was going to start the weeklong tank treatment of adding the cipro in the dosage recommended (I have saved the thread I saw) on the main tank every other day and then pull all the euphyllia into a 10g or possibly a tote with a small powerhead and do what I saw recommended as a 3-5x dose for an hour.
If you look at the video above that is the suspected culprit right smack in the middle looking happy as all get out after being in the tank for 2 days at that point. Fragswap was on the 5th.
Beautiful tank. Crossing fingers and toes for you.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Got Cipro. Currently everything that is left looks good. Got everything ready but I may wait too see if I actually need it. I really don't like using that kind of stuff if I don't need to, but loosing $100s in corals isn't fun either. Debating.
Fts
IMG_20240525_183105.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back