6105 pump not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just purchased a used tank and it came with 2 6105 and when I got it set up one of the pumps worked fine but the other would not run. I know the guy well I bought it all from and I know the pumped worked for him but when I picked the tank up I saw it wasn't working . The pump that works has a small flat square box that it plugs into but the other one has a different looking power supply. I have tried plugging the running pump in the other power supply and it doesn't work so I thought the power supply was dead but when I plug the pump that wasn't working into the working power supply it doesn't work either so I guess the pump and power supply is broking . What do I need to do can I send them in or is there anything I need to try any help would be appreciated. Thanks

150er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like one of power supply is goner.
for Not working pump, you can try cleaning inside the pump really well, especially any calcium built up. Maybe a vinegar bath to see how it goes. Hope it work for you.

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi BHAMR6, it sounds like you might have two different models of pumps. The small flat box sounds like the drivers used on the older 6100 series pumps. For the pump that isn't running, the first thing to do would be remove the front cover and inspect the drive unit. If it's heavily calcified or stuck then you'll want to soak it in vinegar and water for a few hours. If you can post a picture of what you have I can give you better advice. You're also welcome to call us up at 512-833-7546.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect what you have is a 6101.240 power supply which was used on all 6101's and the 6105's made before Feb 2010. The newer flat power supply is 6105.240 and has been used since. The 6105.240 is more energy efficient and replaced 6101.240 to meet EU requirements against "phantom loads" where power is drawn even when a unit is off. The 6101.240 draws about 3W on standbye and the 6105.240 uses a fraction of a watt mainly due to a much dimmer LED. Since the power supplies generally last 3-4 years, it is likely that the older 6101.240 has simply failed from age and should be replaced with a 6105.240. You can order any parts on Tunze.com.

Back