OP
K

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about the nemertean actually, and that I had a pic of it in the bag lol.. I originally tried to take it off, but couldn't since it hid inside the rolled up crinoid. Hoping it wasn't something I was going to regret putting it in, but I was pleasantly surprised yesterday! :)
Seems the crinoid has gained 5 new cirrus, shortened some of the arms sine my flow patterns are smaller since it's only 25-30 gallons with MP10's, but otherwise looks great still. Hides during the day still too. Like clockwork comes out at 7pm right before lights out and hides about 9am as lights are ramping up.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. :)

Are you doing anything special with regarding to feeding the Crinoid?

OP
OP
K

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. :)

Are you doing anything special with regarding to feeding the Crinoid?

I have no mechanical filtration, unless you count a skimmer.(though I do use small 2"x2" squares of GAC pad in the skimmer to reduce water turnover, and then another by the powerhead)
The skimmer is a 9001 tunze in planktonic mode (semi-recirculating vs water in then water out). I have no surface cleansing mechanism.(surface has been so dirty sexy shrimp turn upside down and feed off the surface; you have to pay attention and compensate for light PAR loss though)
Otherwise roughly once a week 30% wc's, give or take.
Feeding regimen is:
hourly, reef energy A & B
And then every 3 hours a hefty pinch of the below from 2 eheim feeders. I adjusted from 1 feeder at 6 hours to 2 at 3 to add more stability and reduce my manual interaction. (I usually feed in the evening to add more and semi-spot feed corals, and the crinoids; blowing powdery food-water into their upstream)
Benepets by Benereef
Reef Roids by PolypLabs
Nutricell by New Life Spectrum
B1 pellets by TDO
Ultra Sea Fan by Fauna Marin
Coralific Delite by Hikari
Ocean Nutrition Nano Reef Coral Food (just started)
Cobalt Coral Food (just started)

Then also in the morning and at night, 10-15 drops of hatching-decapsulated brine shrimp eggs.
Every now and then Oyster Feast.

PO4, NO3 stays around .03-.1ppm, and 3-5ppm. The few acro's I do have seem to do just fine. Though I do wonder about the amount of organic degradation at times, I've had more filter feeder hitchhikers pop up, so I assume they help balance that part of the equation. (hydroids, fan-worms, polychaetes, tunicates, sponges)

Back