Any input on ATI Straton ATI pros?

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new SPS tank and would love some input or feedback on the ATI Straton Pro. I run Radion G6 with supplemental T5 on my mixed. I was tempted by the reefbrite halide t5 combo but don't love reefbrite.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a ATI Straton Pro 102 for a small Frag Tank Setup I'm just getting started on and I'm thoroughly impressed. Overall the lights construction is solid and it is heavy. I would say the interface and programming of the light is the one thing you will need to get used to. I think here in the states we are used to the fancy pretty user interfaces of the Radion's, Hydra's and such... This is not really the same experience. You still have a visual user interface but it's not as welcoming in my opinion. But once you get the hang of it and look around its really cool. It will even give you an estimated par reaching for various distances as it runs through your light settings. I verified the accuracy with a parwise par meter and it's pretty accurate. It's a winner for me. I'm replacing my Hydra's on my 400 gallon systems with these.

Almost forgot to add that my frag tank is filled with SPS and Clams. At my current settings I'm easily getting over 300+ par at the sand bed at peak time. My fixture is hung a little over 10 Inches from the top of the aquarium. The aquarium glass measure 12 inches high, with the top of the water level being 11 inches from the bottom of the aquarium. The top of the sand bed is about 1 inch high.

Last edited:
OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. Thank you so much for all the input. I am little nervous cause there just isn't a lot of info out there on them in the states. What I have heard is they are amazing. I purchased 3 of the 204 to go over my new sps tank. I run radions G6 over my mixed with T5 and they do well just love the design and seem to be very powerful.

Thanks again.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a ATI Straton Pro 102 for a small Frag Tank Setup I'm just getting started on and I'm thoroughly impressed. Overall the lights construction is solid and it is heavy. I would say the interface and programming of the light is the one thing you will need to get used to. I think here in the states we are used to the fancy pretty user interfaces of the Radion's, Hydra's and such... This is not really the same experience. You still have a visual user interface but it's not as welcoming in my opinion. But once you get the hang of it and look around its really cool. It will even give you an estimated par reaching for various distances as it runs through your light settings. I verified the accuracy with a parwise par meter and it's pretty accurate. It's a winner for me. I'm replacing my Hydra's on my 400 gallon systems with these.

Almost forgot to add that my frag tank is filled with SPS and Clams. At my current settings I'm easily getting over 300+ par at the sand bed at peak time. My fixture is hung a little over 10 Inches from the top of the aquarium. The aquarium glass measure 12 inches high, with the top of the water level being 11 inches from the bottom of the aquarium. The top of the sand bed is about 1 inch high.

Would you mind posting some photos of your light and spread and the mixing? Thats one thing there isnt alot of out there..

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back