OP
TheFalseReality

TheFalseReality

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheFalseReality have you considered building your own water tester? I'm going to try and build one
I have but I doubt I could make it very-cost effective. It is just easier and cheaper to test using whatever testers I got and record the results.
An automatic testing kit would require at least one very accurate peristaltic pump, a culvert, the reagents, multiple tube stoppers to open/close certain pathways for certain reagents to use, an agitator of some sort to mix the reagents, reservoirs, and an RGB color sensor to take the results. You could try a gantry type system but that is large and not very consumer friendly.

Broady2067

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, it is so worth having a Home Assistant instance, it will be a huge rabbit hole to discover once you really get into it and discover what it can do. I recommended digging out an esp32 and programming with ESPHome, it'll integrate with HA seamlessly. I just dunno how many GPIO pins you'd need, but I'm sure the esp32 will have enough. Install HA via Raspberry Pi Imager and get started!
Essentially, my AquaPi is an esp32 attached to a custom daughter board with terminals attached to certain pins. You could buy just the daughter board if you wanted on my website at near what is cost me to get it made
I am having difficulties creating a virtual switch.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 41.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 111 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back