AutoAqua Smart AWC Duo

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ready to take the automatic water change plunge, but I want to verify that the AutoAqua won't work before I disregard it.
The way I understand it, the above mentioned unit pumps water out of the tank until it hits the low level sensor, then shuts off the waste pump, turns on the fill pump until it hits the high level sensor, then shuts off. Simple.

But the confusion comes in when using on DT that utilizes a sump. The water level in the sump isn't going to get to the low sensor until after the DT level is below the lowest drain pipe, and then the sump level will begin to drop. Unless I'm missing something, this particular AWC cannot be used for small daily changes if you're running a sump unless you shut off the drain and the return while the water change is taking place (which kinda defeats the purpose of an AWC).

Am I right? Or I am I stupid and completely glossing over something?

The Kamoer X2SR is on the list as well, but $500 bucks for a product that uses a buggy app is kinda worrisome.
Any other options out there that are reasonable? DIY?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've only used the Ecotech's Versa for auto water changes. Zero noise with extremely accurate results. I've seen them go for $150 used each. You won't look back

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back