Back in the game, Petco still killing fish

MrJGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Finally got into a 200+ gallon tank after buying 3 and never setting them up. Previously just had biocubes and a solana. 10 years ago was the last time I had a tank. And Petco tanks were bad then, and I'm still seeing posts on other platforms with filthy tanks fish breathing hard at the bottom, upside down. How is this still be able to go on for so long? I know theyre just fish but it just seem so wrong. What can be done in the community to break this?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
IMG_0084.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

theguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Finally got into a 200+ gallon tank after buying 3 and never setting them up. Previously just had biocubes and a solana. 10 years ago was the last time I had a tank. And Petco tanks were bad then, and I'm still seeing posts on other platforms with filthy tanks fish breathing hard at the bottom, upside down. How is this still be able to go on for so long? I know theyre just fish but it just seem so wrong. What can be done in the community to break this?
Because they are mainly a cat and dog place with small animals and fish. Every now and then you’ll found one that has a real nice fish section

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My petco has an immaculate fish section. Almost all fish I’ve got in the last few years came from petco. I’ve also bought live rock right out of their display tanks, inverts. Never had an issue with stuff from my petco. They special order stuff for me also if needed, and i can pickup on arrival day so they don’t have to acclimate twice.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef!

My PetCo is wonderful. It may even be better than my LFS TBH. I think it all depends on the store manager. You could have one that really cares for animals and loves them, or you can have one that is just there for the money, and could care less about the animals.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef!

My PetCo is wonderful. It may even be better than my LFS TBH. I think it all depends on the store manager. You could have one that really cares for animals and loves them, or you can have one that is just there for the money, and could care less about the animals.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it depends onthe petco and the policy they have.

For example my petco will no longer take doner fish, because they don't want to introduce anything into the system.

Amazingly the past few that i got when shown to be healthy, outlived and still are living, most of the other fish i bought at LFS's.

So its going to be a YMMV and how your petco handles its aquatics.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 105 75.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 11.5%

Back