Bristle Worm!

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An invert forum....alright! Here some shots of my bristle worms.

_DSC0706copy-BristleWorms-21LOGO.jpg

_DSC0693copy-BristleWorms-8LOGO.jpg

_DSC0734copy-BristleWorms-45LOGO.jpg

_DSC0740copy-BristleWorms-53LOGO.jpg

BristlewormstingMedium.jpg

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
that sucker is huge, nice pics!!! I have one in my tank also and its scary huge too lol. Not sure but im convinced it ate my high fin goby a while back

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hong Kong wrasses are known to eat them too....I haven't seen a single bristle worm in my tank since I got him.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol

i had a rockslide two nights ago, and while fixing it, one of the B******s got me! i never saw the worm, just started to pick up a rock and felt something prick me, kind of. it wasn't me getting stung, just me pushing those friggin bristles in ever further

the pad of my middle finger was totally covered, and up the inside edge, as well as an edge on my ringer and pointing finger. Dang! i hate that!! my middle finger feels twice the normal size (is not swollen, except a spot on the side), and kind of throbs in a pins and needles sort of way

regardless of the discomfort from my bristleninjaworms, they're one heckova a free cleanup crew! :haha:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know how to get the bristles out? i thought about getting a some duct tape, but didn't want it to just bend them over and break them off. plus, didn't know of any chemicals that might have gotten in the system, as i still had to do more work in there

Gimili the Great

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
arrow crabs are good eaters of the worm from hell, also there are a few wrasses out there that will eradicate them also

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've heard of soaking in vinigar....not sure what it does to the bristles, but it seems to clean/dissolve most things SW aquarium related LOL.

So Bob, any info on the size of your Worm? hahha sounds kind of perverted but I'm talking about your bristleworm FYI

dbarker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try scraping the edge of a credit card over the spot on your finger to remove the bristles. Yes, I know that sounds stupid!! BUT, scraping the hard edge over the stinger pulls the stinger out without releasing move toxin into the body. It might work the same for bristles. Debbie

OP
OP
BeakerBob

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is about 8" when out searching for food. I have a number of them in the tank but they don't bother me unless I grab the bottom of a rock without making sure they are not hiding under it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 96 41.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back