Can I help this fish

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had another thread about how my clowns went crazy and attacked and killed most of the fish in my tank. I have 2 survivors one is totally fine but my dottback got her nail bit off and it seems to be getting worse. Is there a medicine I can use? I’ve been feeding selcon soaked LRS frenzy and it will take a little but it has always been a picky eater and I’ve had it for about 7-8 months now. Lemme know thohghts. This was the first day it happened.

IMG_8005.jpeg

And this is today about 4 days post attack
IMG_8023.jpeg
IMG_8020.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to need clearer and white pics ,a short video will also help
#fishmedic

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it could be infected, ideally you would want to use an antibiotic in a qt.
If the damage goes all the way to the base, it is unlikely to grow back. Down to the bone and survival is slim. As long as it’s just fin rays that are damaged, it should heal fine.

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it could be infected, ideally you would want to use an antibiotic in a qt.
If the damage goes all the way to the base, it is unlikely to grow back. Down to the bone and survival is slim. As long as it’s just fin rays that are damaged, it should heal fine.
It seemed to have made it to the base but the rays are still there and the body seems unaffected just at the base of the tail. Whats the best medicine to help prevent/clear infection and what promotes tissue healing

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What antibiotics for this type? I’ve looked at melafix and erythromycin but I have never used medicines and am worried

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, this looks infected. The tail may not grow back, and if the infection reaches the bone, you may not be able to save the fish. Treatment with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic in a treatment tank would be the best course of action IMO.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back