Dolabella - pre-trim GHA?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I threw in the towel and bought a Dolabella to eat the GHA that has been growing too much. will this bugger eat 1/2"-3/4" long GHA or do I need to remove some? this guy is probably 4" long. settled in quick and crawling around but just wondering if I need to trim some?

IMG_2420.jpeg IMG_2419.jpeg

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let him work. Interested in how it goes
Unfortunately he didn’t make it. Didn’t look good in the beginning but it was alive on receipt. Moved around the tank and appeared to be grazing but then stopped moving and was rolling over when I tried to see if he was still alive. No ink was released that I saw but put in a chemipure blue extra bag. I don’t think it shipped well. So back to hand plucking for a couple weeks but willing to give it another shot.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those only live for 18 months. If you got it that big it was in the final stage. Try turbos
I have 2 in there. And a pin cushion, tuxedo, 4 conchs, a few Astrea, Trochus, cowrie, ninjas, the sea hare was my last hope for invert maintenance. Though I was thinking about a chiton too.

It was roughly 4” but saw different specs saying up to 16” and others saying up to 8”. But 4” did seem big. Thinking to try the blue dot next time. Higher chance of inking but a bit snazzier.

Back