Doser 2.0 SA not upgrading firmware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I pulled my doser 2.0 out of storage for my son's tank and I can't upgrade the firmware. I have it connected to a PC and I've downloaded the latest Control Center version, but when I actually get the unit to start the firmware upgrade, it will eventually complete the upgrade, but it still shows version 1.43. I've tried every single usb port on the PC and have tried all of the three versions that are available. I submitted a ticket with GHL, but I've only heard back from them once. I can see the static IP on my router, so the wifi is good on the unit, but I can't add the doser to MyGHL app or browser. I know this is off topic, but I still can't understand why GHL doesn't offer the Control Center app in Mac OS? At this point, I have a paperweight and can't use the doser. I really love the hardware, but why does GHL make it so difficult for users and make their main app PC only? Anyway, if anyone who has the 2.0 and had similar issues or can provide any guidance, I would really appreciate it. I really, really want to use this doser.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

There will never be an Apple Mac version of GHL Control Center BUT it will soon be possible to update device firmware via GHL Connect.

There's no need to “try every single usb port on the PC”, just click on the Device Manager button when prompted by the Update Wizard to report the right USBVCOM port number to the Update Wizard.
The USBVCOM port number is different from the usual COM port number, and replaces it during the update procedure.

What is the support ticket number?

Gaël

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

There will never be an Apple Mac version of GHL Control Center BUT it will soon be possible to update device firmware via GHL Connect.

There's no need to “try every single usb port on the PC”, just click on the Device Manager button when prompted by the Update Wizard to report the right USBVCOM port number to the Update Wizard.
The USBVCOM port number is different from the usual COM port number, and replaces it during the update procedure.

What is the support ticket number?

Gaël
Too bad about the Mac version, but being able to update the firmware from a browser/app would be nice. My ticket is #8799
I know there's a time difference and I'm not the only one using support, but I'm hoping to resolve this as soon as possible.
Thanks for replying!

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you,

I've just checked the ticket and I've replied 1 hour later, I've asked you for information but I haven't had a reply since...
If you replied to the notification email, please note that we do NOT receive the reply.
It's clearly indicated everywhere, the sender of the reply notification email is "noreply" and the end of the notification email as well as my signature in all my replies indicates that you should not reply by email but connect to the ticket system.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back