Downside for co2 scrubber?

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah that media is gone. I just dropped to 8.18. And i probably would still drop till it stabilizes somewhere. Ill change the media tomorrow. But inwas wondering why it changed to purple and not pink like they said
Just sharing my experience, the two little fishes media turns purple when exhausted, not pink.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my scrubber recirculating and I had a lot of moisture filling the media RO container. I made a catch can as a temporary solution. I’m thinking to get a larger co2 scrubber and use this small RO reactor as a water catch can?

Is there a better way to do this that I’m missing?
I use a large thin wall glass, container, the idea is to keep the container cold so that it condenses most of the water vapor from the recirculated air before it enters the media. I also use a long thin walled tubing coiled up to allow the air to cool down too. Best water catch container would be one made out of some sort of inert metal or or some metal container with a food grade liner(think along the lines of aluminum beer cans)

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres 2 pictures for u week data for ph, and idk if thats better pic for the media. It says it changes to pink. Mine is purple so not sure
Btw, the media on the top is probably not exhausted, I usually give my media holder a shake and tumble to get the top media towards the bottom more. Part of the problem is that after a while the air only passes thru close to the sides of the canister or thru regions that do not pass over the un used media.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a large thin wall glass, container, the idea is to keep the container cold so that it condenses most of the water vapor from the recirculated air before it enters the media. I also use a long thin walled tubing coiled up to allow the air to cool down too. Best water catch container would be one made out of some sort of inert metal or or some metal container with a food grade liner(think along the lines of aluminum beer cans)

Since then I am using the jumbo brs single co2 scrubber and a moisture collector from fishofhex. Works amazing. I’m getting a month before I have to change media.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a Cheap Two Outlet Air Pump, removed the Screwed on Rubber Base. Drilled two Holes in the side so the entering air would pass over the Coils. SuperGlued Lee’s 1/4” Rigid Tubing in the holes. Reinstalled the Base, sealing it and the air intake with Aquarium Silicone Caulk. Ran a 3/8” Clear hose to outside, attached a small jar, to the hose for Dacron and Charcoal Media. Made a Manifold for the other end, from PVC Pipe, and using Lee’s 1/4” Rigid Tube. Hooked the New inlets, on the pump to the Manifold. I push the outside air into the LifeReef Cup, as that’s where the Air intake is. I run Constantly between 8.1 to 8.4 pH. The pH changes slowly when it does change. BTW, I have a Pinpoint pH Monitor.

Back