Dying torch tentacles? Early Brown Jelly?

CodeNameGoldMember

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this torch for almost a year now. It did get brown jelly about 6 months ago and I was able to chop off the infected head and dip the remaining head and it’s survived this far but never been 100% of what it used to, extension wise.

I have had some stuff going on in the tank recently with my Todd’s torch melting randomly overnight a couple days ago but caught it and got it out (hopefully early enough). And have had a Goni have some brown jelly the other day as well. All of my parameters are in check: Alk: 8.41 Calc: 449 Mag: 1370 Phos: .11 Nitrates: 11. I did recently find that my skimmer went a little overboard and ended up dropping my salinity to 1.023 and I’ve slowly been brining it up and is currently around 1.0245ish.

I have A LOT of other torches in the tank and all are looking 100% fine. Even this one doesn’t have any tissue recession, just retracted and what looks like a couple dead/dying tentacles.

IMG_0481.jpeg IMG_0482.jpeg

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into KFC dip. Three applications of it over three weeks. If you can do it for your entire hammer/frogspawn/torch collection that would be best.

Upvote 0

SaltwaterChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this torch for almost a year now. It did get brown jelly about 6 months ago and I was able to chop off the infected head and dip the remaining head and it’s survived this far but never been 100% of what it used to, extension wise.

I have had some stuff going on in the tank recently with my Todd’s torch melting randomly overnight a couple days ago but caught it and got it out (hopefully early enough). And have had a Goni have some brown jelly the other day as well. All of my parameters are in check: Alk: 8.41 Calc: 449 Mag: 1370 Phos: .11 Nitrates: 11. I did recently find that my skimmer went a little overboard and ended up dropping my salinity to 1.023 and I’ve slowly been brining it up and is currently around 1.0245ish.

I have A LOT of other torches in the tank and all are looking 100% fine. Even this one doesn’t have any tissue recession, just retracted and what looks like a couple dead/dying tentacles.

IMG_0481.jpeg IMG_0482.jpeg
This looking like a pest issue. Look for small white dots on the tentacles. It's some sort of white bug that preys on euphylia. I'm working on dealing with this now and it seems interceptor is the only route so far...

Upvote 0

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 101 49.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back