Fallow

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'am going fallow for 80 days after losing my fish to what I believed to be velvet, I still have softie corals in my DT, I am thinking of getting a red sea reefer 525 g2, can I transfer everything I have in the DT including water during the fallow period to the new tank?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep. it doesn't harm fallow preps to move tanks

and the sand rinsing step helps your issue, disease components can be found in the sand.

and if you want to skip cycle transfer it, meaning move your stuff over without a new cycle and without killing stuff, copy any of these jobs:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when it's time to add the fish back: simply add them, nothing will be degraded in the active surface area during the tank transfer, and no matter how long the fallow period is, the new tank will accept all the fish added just fine without a cycle.

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply i didnt QT before adding fish in the past I have a QT tank now so when its time to add fish they are definitely going in the QT for 30 days observation first haha so your saying rinse my sand before putting into the new tank?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes. be sure and read the thread so important details such as light re-ramping in the new tank are covered, it's the only active tank transfer thread on the entire internet and we have perfect results for nine years.

especially in a tank as big as the one you have, be prepared well before you begin. all jobs in that thread above were handled the same way so it will be easy steps to memorize. expect several hours of sand rinsing for big tanks but the results are perfect as you can see. skipping the rinse is not safe, 10+ examples are on page one for wrecked tanks who didn't rinse.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious about red sea: have you seen how they treat customers who have their tanks break after 3-4 years by the hundreds? it's the worst customer service I've ever seen in reefing, a true dilemma for those buyers. I recommend not buying a new tank from red sea, get another large tank maker you can trust.

it's important that buyers know how bad red sea treated the people that trusted them in 2019

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cade

waterbox

are top two alternates recommended here. for UK, I'd pick anything available besides red sea

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd pick a plastic water trough for horses before I'd patronize rs with any dime :)

there will be good options for UK though /have to check with peers there

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd pick a plastic water trough for horses before I'd patronize rs with any dime :)

there will be good options for UK though /have to check with peers there
Hi mate ive went for D-D 1500

Attachments

• IMG_4480.png
    IMG_4480.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 7
Back