Getting a few things Thursday!

Mr. Prototype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And at good prices!

I am getting a chili coral for 23$, a purple brain coral (would like to see a pic) for 43$, and a purple firefish for 22$. I am also considering a skunk cleaner. I think these are pretty good prices but I would like to know some experience with these things.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common names can be misleading, but some I've seen called Chili coral are non photosynthetic. Others are a sinularia or similar species, which are generally easy to keep (given stable and good water parameters). Most brains I've had like low-med light and low-med flow. Fire fish can be jumpers, so cover any jump points (in a canopy, eggcrate works great as a border). Nothing special on the cleaner shrimp. I'd acclimate it, but they do fine in normal conditions (and sometimes in bad conditions;)).

OP
OP
M

Mr. Prototype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chili coral is the non-photosynthetic kind. The Brain is purple and I don't know if it is lobed or open. The firefish is just something I want, I have one in my 55g and I also have 2 cleaner shrimp in my 55g so I have experience with them.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back