Help with some anthias

cserafin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I got 3 what where supposed to be QT’ed anthias and two are not doing so hot. Cleaner shrimp kept cleaning one of them and the colors were not looking so great. Very heavy breathing. Laying under rocks in its side. Took one out and snapped a photo. Any ideas? Thank you!
IMG_5209.jpeg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any ideas? Thank you!
Those look just like the ones I got from a popular online vendor: Emeciated and dead..
Did they come in that way (thin) ? if so, from where as this seems to be a pattern
added: If they were QT’d then it isn’t from whom I’m thinking …but if they came in thin, there’s your problem right there

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I got 3 what where supposed to be QT’ed anthias and two are not doing so hot. Cleaner shrimp kept cleaning one of them and the colors were not looking so great. Very heavy breathing. Laying under rocks in its side. Took one out and snapped a photo. Any ideas? Thank you!
IMG_5209.jpeg
I'm going to go with Dr Gori - looks thin. Don't see any obvious spots or fin damage - butter background is a little light to see well. was there any salinity shock (i.e. big swing when you got the fish) - and please give a fair bit ore history- check my signature for a link with questions

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
IMG_5209.jpeg
There is signs of internal issue and can be gas embolism or low oxygen from shipment.
If they arrived alive, how did you acclimate and for how long ?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_5209.jpeg
PS - do you have the fish in any medication

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_5209.jpeg
If you don’t mind me asking… where did you get them from?

OP
OP
C

cserafin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information. I got them Sunday. They are currently in medication. Don’t want to share the vendor just yet but we’re doing fine and eating until yesterday where they seemed off. I floated them for 30 minutes then a salinity drip for 45 minutes. It was local and not shipped they were healthy when I got them well appeared that way.

OP
OP
C

cserafin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go with Dr Gori - looks thin. Don't see any obvious spots or fin damage - butter background is a little light to see well. was there any salinity shock (i.e. big swing when you got the fish) - and please give a fair bit ore history- check my signature for a link with questions
No signs of fin damage and were happy for a couple days. These were picked up Sunday. Honestly might be the picture for the thinness because they don’t seem abnormally skinny to me

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information. I got them Sunday. They are currently in medication. Don’t want to share the vendor just yet but we’re doing fine and eating until yesterday where they seemed off. I floated them for 30 minutes then a salinity drip for 45 minutes. It was local and not shipped they were healthy when I got them well appeared that way.

When new fish do fine for a few days and then crash, you can rule out acclimation issues, as those would show up immediately.

Do you know the quarantine process and timeline for these fish?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back