Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ol I will do some water changes then :-/
How can bind it in calcium carbonate?
For the zeolit it seems to have another effect than just bacteria. I try many ways to reduce nutrients but I can't just get the same colors without even with same nutrients levels. And now for example I have the zeo and my nutrients are unfortunately not low despite the zeolit, but I get better and better colors. Also algua disappears. Why I don't but it seems to do something special. I used it in the past and now again because, without this stones, I can't get those results,it seems to have an effect not linked to the nutrients

Barium gets into calcium carbonate in place of some of the calcium.

I don’t believe the zeolite has any utility aside from a home for bacteria. Maybe other homes that you used were not as amenable to shaking off the bacteria that are food for corals.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barium gets into calcium carbonate in place of some of the calcium.

I don’t believe the zeolite has any utility aside from a home for bacteria. Maybe other homes that you used were not as amenable to shaking off the bacteria that are food for corals.
To be honest I'm not shaking them often. And actually it also not make really my nutrients down as expected, I was lower with carbon dosing. But coral started to looks better after a few days only, could also be that maybe it take off some elements from the water that are in excess?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I'm not shaking them often. And actually it also not make really my nutrients down as expected, I was lower with carbon dosing. But coral started to looks better after a few days only, could also be that maybe it take off some elements from the water that are in excess?

Zeolites are very specific on what they bind into the pores. A near exact fit is needed, unlike something like GFO that may bind a lot of elements. So it is possible, but I would not think it likely.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or maybe it could come from what they release? it makes me thinking of the observation from people on the rubidium post.

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-05-29 221829.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-05-29 221829.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 11
Back