How-to tips for using R2R

John Bilderback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha from Hawai’i. Newbie trying to absorb so much expertise available here. Thank you to all the experienced people who volunteer information.

I have a second hand 125g with 30g sump, skimmer, lit refugium, UV, Varios 4 pump, Gyre wave makers, two Loop lights plus two small Loop wave makers with the blue tooth controller/app on my phone.

Should I use my display tank water in my Quarantine tank or fresh mixed salt water? I was planning on drip acclimating fish to my tank water, but then it doesn’t make sense to put them in fresh mixed salt water in the QT. (Also I’m assuming water changes should be fresh mixed salt water, correct?) Thanks in advance for kind advice.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha from Hawai’i. Newbie trying to absorb so much expertise available here. Thank you to all the experienced people who volunteer information.

I have a second hand 125g with 30g sump, skimmer, lit refugium, UV, Varios 4 pump, Gyre wave makers, two Loop lights plus two small Loop wave makers with the blue tooth controller/app on my phone.

Should I use my display tank water in my Quarantine tank or fresh mixed salt water? I was planning on drip acclimating fish to my tank water, but then it doesn’t make sense to put them in fresh mixed salt water in the QT. (Also I’m assuming water changes should be fresh mixed salt water, correct?) Thanks in advance for kind advice.
Aloha and welcome to Reef2reef!

I would suggest using fresh mixed SW. You should either cycle your quarantine tank, or closely monitor ammonia levels and do frequent WC's, along with dosing ammonia detoxifiers.

Yes, WC's should be done with properly, but freshly mixed SW.

I suggest next time, you either create a new thread asking the question, or, make a build thread and post your questions there. Not many people come to check threads like these for people asking questions.

Good luck and happy reefing!

Back