I need some help...

yadlik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "rescued" a bonded pair of clowns and a royal gramma... I currently have a 55 gallon with 1 clownfish and two domino damsels... I have the rescued fish in a 10 gallon tank I set up quickly but would like to move them to the 55 gallon... 2 questions. 1) will the 2 new clownfish rough up my current clown? And 2) will the 2 damsels rough up the 2 new clowns and the royal gramma? Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I "rescued" a bonded pair of clowns and a royal gramma... I currently have a 55 gallon with 1 clownfish and two domino damsels... I have the rescued fish in a 10 gallon tank I set up quickly but would like to move them to the 55 gallon... 2 questions. 1) will the 2 new clownfish rough up my current clown? And 2) will the 2 damsels rough up the 2 new clowns and the royal gramma? Any ideas?
Thanks
Potentially to both.

Clowns either get along or don't. It's likely that you have two female clowns and they're probably going to not be happy to be introduced.

Damsels are either jerks or model citizens. If yours are aggressive at all then they'll probably beat up newcomers.

Silly clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one of your new fish that I would put in the 55 is the Royal gramma.

An established clown can have a new, small (I.e. male) clown of the same species ( say both ocellaris) added, but 2 females will fight. And domino damsels are not friendly fish. Those 6 fish in a 55 will not work out well.

Sorry to be negative about the mix, but I am glad you have them separate and asked.

Maybe add the gramma to the 55 and keep the paired clowns in the 10? You do not mention what kind of clowns, but if you could pick up a bigger tank at a pet o $/gallon sale, that would be best. Or honestly, if you don’t want another tank,you should look to rehome the clown pair.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe move the rescued clown pair into the 55 and pull your current clown and set a tank up for her? I think the pair will go after your current one as there can only be one female clown and she doesnt like other female clowns in her tank!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%

Back