Ich Quarantine Period

jhadaway117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Rookie here! So I’ve had my reef tank set up for a couple months now. I’ve been lurking here to learn how everything works, but decided today to join today and get some advice regarding Ich treatment. Everything stabilized and the uglies have passed. I’ve now started my obsession with coral, but now I’ve run into some trouble with this awful parasite!

Fluval Evo 13.5
PH 8
Alk 9
Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10 PPM
Ammonia 0
Phosphate 0
Calcium 420
Magnesium 1350

Two Clowns
Watchman Goby
Tiger Pistol
Skunk Shrimp
Mexican Turbo
5 Nassarius Snails

So I brought home a tiny Royal Gramma from my local LFS. It hid the first day, but showed itself the very next morning with some very interesting looking white specs that looked like grains of salt. Next day they were gone and I thought maybe it was just sand that stuck to it? Anyhow it got comfortable and hung out in the open so I thought nothing of it. Fast forward a week or so and it started acting strange and disappeared. I found it the next morning dead in between some rocks and being consumed by my snails!

Now my clowns and goby are now showing signs of having it. I’ve seen some flashing from the goby and clowns. The clowns have some small white specs on them but the goby doesn’t. They are eating fine and I’ve supplemented with garlic. My thoughts are I don’t really want to manage it, and would like to quarantine them and let the current tank go fallow for several weeks so it’s non existent. I bought a small 3 gallon tank and heater, and filled it with my existing tank water from my water change today. I also bought some Fritz copper safe to put into it to eliminate whatever they have. Question is, what’s the safest way to dose copper in this small tank, and for how long? Also, will these three fish be alright in a small tank for 8-10 weeks? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

IMG_7737.jpeg IMG_7740.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper 30 days and dt fallow for 72 days.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back