Kev’s 15gal nano

nivek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Malaysia! New here and thought I would share my current build. Tank is coming to a month old.

Tank : 40cm all in one cube
Lighting : Spectra Aqua Knight V3
Skimmer : Bubble Magus MiniQ
Wave maker : Jebao SLW 10M
Return pump : 1000L/hr
UV : 5W
Salt : Aquaforest Reef

Inhabitants : Blackstorm clowns, Zoas and Yumas. BTA and Acans next.

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6961.jpeg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome Kev!! Nice start and how long you been reefing?

OP
OP
nivek

nivek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added micromussa and hammer yesterday. Fed the “acan” as it was sort of deflated and it looked much better today.

DSC03506.jpeg

DSC03504.jpeg

DSC03508.jpeg

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

We have an almost identical reef setup! we even use the same salt!
Are you planning to keep LPS or are you allready doing so?
If so, are you planning to dose something? Or change to a coral pro salt? Because my measured values with the AF reef salt is barely enough for LPS.

OP
OP
nivek

nivek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

We have an almost identical reef setup! we even use the same salt!
Are you planning to keep LPS or are you allready doing so?
If so, are you planning to dose something? Or change to a coral pro salt? Because my measured values with the AF reef salt is barely enough for LPS.
Hey there, yea I just added a micromussa yesterday and will be adding more when I find the ones I like. Currently I’m dosing All For Reef and still have some AF salt for a few more water changes. Once that’s gone, I’ll switch to coral pro.

How is your tank coming along?

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, yea I just added a micromussa yesterday and will be adding more when I find the ones I like. Currently I’m dosing All For Reef and still have some AF salt for a few more water changes. Once that’s gone, I’ll switch to coral pro.

How is your tank coming along?
I have the exact same plan, haha! All for reef looks pretty interesting, do you like it? And do you think coral pro will be needed when dosing all for reef tho?

My tank is going pretty great, although it's still in juvenile state, i only have a couple of snails, 1 goby, 1 cleaning shrimp & 1 frag sinularia sp. coral in it. I will be adding more fish & corals soon, i just wanted to make sure that it's going along good before adding more livestock.

OP
OP
nivek

nivek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same plan, haha! All for reef looks pretty interesting, do you like it? And do you think coral pro will be needed when dosing all for reef tho?

My tank is going pretty great, although it's still in juvenile state, i only have a couple of snails, 1 goby, 1 cleaning shrimp & 1 frag sinularia sp. coral in it. I will be adding more fish & corals soon, i just wanted to make sure that it's going along good before adding more livestock.
It will all really depend on what is the coral "consumption" in our tanks. If coral pro is able to support the growth with weekly water changes without the need for AFR daily dosing, I will rather switch to that. Less work lol. However sooner or later, we'll still need to dose when the coral grows out.

Last edited:

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will all really depend on what is the coral "consumption" in our tanks. If coral pro is able to support the growth with weekly water changes without the need for AFR daily dosing, I will rather switch to that. Less work lol. However sooner or later, we'll still need to dose when the coral grows out.
Yeah totally true, maybe it's smarter to use coral pro before dosing, saves money maybe?

Back