Looking for LOW phosphate pellet food

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for LOW phosphate pellet food for my auto fish feeder. I like to feed all kinds of foods, some fresh, reef frenzy, mysis / brine cubes (frozen) but I also run an auto fish feeder.

My tank is in my office, so on the weekends & when I travel for work, that is all they get.

Seems the (cheap) stuff I have been feeding from Petsmart (Omega One) is running too high in phosphate causing my tank to elevate beyond where I want it to be.

Any suggestions?

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few that claim to be. I prefer pellets. First off, most of them sink. If the fish don’t get them, the CUC does. Not nearly as much pellet food goes down my overflow as flake food. I’ve started using Fauna Marin’s soft pellets. I have used flakes before and I think they clog my filter sock and send my skimmer into overdrive. Have you tried frozen?

Edit... I apparently didn’t read well enough... you can’t feed frozen if you aren’t there!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have had Very good luck with cobalt pellets and any of the New Life Spectrum foods

tactical_XJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the best luck with the ( Pe mysis ), chrome colored bag

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second New Life Spectrum. Great food and all the fish love it. Second pick for pellet for me is Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 then PE pellets. I wish Ocean Nutrition made Prime Reef in pellets but they dont. All pellet and flake foods will have some po4 in them and the fish need it.

RL6723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also suggest New Life Spectrum, my fish do great on it, and have no issues with po4. I have never tried the PE pellets, although ive heard great things about them

lelolai15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Re-using this thread (last time it was responded too was 2019).

I am about to go for a week trip and currently working to reduce phosphate. I will be setting up the automatic feeder to feed once per day.

Thoughts here, does "TDO-C2 Small Chroma Boost Fish" have less phosphate than "Hikari Seaweed Extreme"? I always do frozen when I am home and have these two options for when traveling. Hikari claims phosphate to be "min. 0.5%". I cannot find anything from reef nutrition on TDO Chroma boost. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Re-using this thread (last time it was responded too was 2019).

I am about to go for a week trip and currently working to reduce phosphate. I will be setting up the automatic feeder to feed once per day.

Thoughts here, does "TDO-C2 Small Chroma Boost Fish" have less phosphate than "Hikari Seaweed Extreme"? I always do frozen when I am home and have these two options for when traveling. Hikari claims phosphate to be "min. 0.5%". I cannot find anything from reef nutrition on TDO Chroma boost. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!
I strictly feed the tdo pellets. They 100% will increase your phosphates dramatically if your not prepared for it

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 3rd New Life Spectrum - been using the medium and large pellets for over 4 years. Fish love them and Phos is very manageable.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back