My stockings

Baby Damsel 219

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six-line wrasse,2 black ice clowns, 2 yellow tail damselfish, And a lemon damselfish. What else should I add? (tank size 40 gallon)

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be hesitant to add anymore fish, both given the tank size and fish choices. Damsels won't be thrilled with most new additions. Perhaps a bottom-dweller like a blenny or goby? in my opinion you're pretty close to full for a 40g.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn't try to add anything to that tank, the current residents have too much potential to be aggressive and mean.

If they get along now, I would just leave it, sometimes adding a new fish ruins the peace treaty.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn't try to add anything to that tank, the current residents have too much potential to be aggressive and mean.

If they get along now, I would just leave it, sometimes adding a new fish ruins the peace treaty.
I agree, all those fish are territorial and aggressive. If you were set on adding another though stick to an aggressive fish. Dottyback for example.

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sense in asking for advice if you aren't planning on listening to any of it... You've got several territorial fish in a small tank. It isn't a question, it's a fact. Just because they are peaceful today, doesn't mean they will be tomorrow. It's nature and live animals.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sense in asking for advice if you aren't planning on listening to any of it... You've got several territorial fish in a small tank. It isn't a question, it's a fact. Just because they are peaceful today, doesn't mean they will be tomorrow. It's nature and live animals.
Echo this - we can give you our best advice based on years of experience, but if you just want to add more fish, go ahead and see what happens. Maybe you'll get lucky! :)

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be hesitant to add anymore fish, both given the tank size and fish choices. Damsels won't be thrilled with most new additions. Perhaps a bottom-dweller like a blenny or goby? in my opinion you're pretty close to full for a 40g.
Absolutely. Agreed. I just did a calculation in my head based on how big those fish will grow. You're getting close at best.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 24.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back