Premium live rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Greg2233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased 20lbs of premium live rock fromTBS and pick it up tomorrow. Is there anything that I need to know about the rock or is it as simple as just putting it in my tank as soon as I get it?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I recently purchased 20lbs of premium live rock fromTBS and pick it up tomorrow. Is there anything that I need to know about the rock or is it as simple as just putting it in my tank as soon as I get it?
Depends, is this going in a new or established tank?

If a new tank, plop it in and let things go, see what hitchhikers you have, remove what you don't want.

Some people want to quarantine the rocks first, to avoid any bad hitchhikers. Avoid getting them in the display, that's fine too.

If it's an established tank, you can again just add it, I suggest getting an ammonia badge and watch for spikes.

Again you could quarantine it for a few days.

My experience I just placed it in my bare bottom tank, waited a week for any die off or ammonia, watched for critters, then stacked the rocks and added sand. Enjoy the good and bad! It's well worth it! So much better than dry rock even if you get one or two pests!

Back