Quanta bars!!!!!!!!!

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my birthday my wife got me one of the original quanta lights. She ended up getting the wrong size so I contacted luca and he was like overly accommodating, at one point, it almost seemed suspicious he was being so nice, but in the end he just wanted me and my wife to be happy . I ended up switching to the quanta PRO reef Crest. After mounting it and having it for a few days, I cant recommend it more. They are very strong for the money/wattage. I've tested a lot of lights and the only reasonable answer is he's powering them with black magic. The ease of use and pre picked color output is amazing. The build quality is outstanding. They do have to be mounted higher than I'm used to and there isn't an easy off the shelf high end Mount, but I think I actually prefer it, the simple brackets that were provided worked perfectly. I probably won't use another light going forward. Can't recommend the light or the company more. The quality of the light and spectrum had my corals responding immediately which I've yet to experience changing lights, something is always ticked off. Every single coral has got that little extra something since I put them up. If anyone is on the fence or looking for lights, especially if you like or are familiar with t5 , this will be an easy transition. Just go for it. I have existing 90watts of lighting that run full power. This single 24 inch bar running at 37 watts doubled my par.... Black magic I tell you.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Any pics?
I have a meso blue on my 80.
It gives 80-100+ par increase across the system.
20230613_163055.jpg

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to reefapalooza tomorrow. I'll grab a couple pics while I'm getting everything settled. love your tank by the way. I think you have the reef crest bar? Does it have green in it?

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my phone in easy eyes mode . How's the color of the meso blue? Do you get much pop with it or is it more of a wide spectrum blue fill light?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my phone in easy eyes mode . How's the color of the meso blue? Do you get much pop with it or is it more of a wide spectrum blue fill light?
Its a bright blue and hard to tell under the ab+ radions at 100/100 but its visualy makes the tank look brighter. Im used to halides so brighter works for me. I do like the colors as the Radions ramp down.
It also gives another 50-100 par across my system @12.5". Thats the main reason I use it.
I may try a UV to try but I get good color with the ab+ schedule.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these are basically the same light as orphek bars, probably cheaper but likely the same bulbs. It's a replica orphek light. Im sure they're worth it. Plus luca is very helpful. Support his business.

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these are basically the same light as orphek bars, probably cheaper but likely the same bulbs. It's a replica orphek light. Im sure they're worth it. Plus luca is very helpful. Support his business.
May be the same manufacturer, but these are definitely more powerful, have different spectrums , and I think run differently as these can't be dimmed. These quanta bars mimic the most popular t5 bulbs. (as far as I can tell). My feeling is the each quanta bar is about 2.5 t5's. I am now wondering though if I can use the or3 off the shelf mounting systems. I really like the look of the one on CJ's aquariums YouTube

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 2 Orphek blue bars on my 120. The Quanta Meso blue is much brighter than the Orpheks I used. Never checked the par on the Orpheks though. I decided on the Quanta because of the reviews and its made here in the USA.
The mounting systems are almost identical and are interchangable.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you notice a spectrum shift/banding from one side of the bar to the other? I love the PAR output of mine, but the color blending has been my biggest gripe. Cord end is whiter than non cord end.

60A5B8DC-7E0C-4426-9938-55AB4C0E814F.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is true. That will go away if it's mounted higher, I also have mine mounted low, and the 4 things you can do is.... You can cover a small amount of the end diodes that are causing the problem (mine is green on one side and white on the other) . Or get a cheap light that is cool whites and blues, even a cheap hygger freshwater light and almost any amount of white will totally blend it. Or mount it higher, or get another bar and Mount it the opposite direction.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quanta Pro’s are nowhere near Orphek bars, to me they far exceed them in so many ways. There are more diodes per bar, way better blending and more intensity overall. I had OR2 blue plus bars and you could see the individual colors in the tank, the blending was horrible, it’s not the case with Quantas.
IMG_9421.jpeg

Sorry, old pic with dirty glass. Three Meso Blue bars.
I could easily light this tank with a combo of Meso Blue and Tropic Sun bars.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, awesome! I've been to Lucas house to pick up coral. He knows the guys at orphek very well. Thats good news! Maybe he's created something a bit better. I retract my last statement on cost since it looks like his are on par or higher than the orphek sales.

You can't go wrong with this type led bar, either of them.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, awesome! I've been to Lucas house to pick up coral. He knows the guys at orphek very well. Thats good news! Maybe he's created something a bit better. I retract my last statement on cost since it looks like his are on par or higher than the orphek sales.

You can't go wrong with this type led bar, either of them.
I did a direct comparison to Orphek and XHO’s combined and the Quanta Pro’s outperformed them both. In fact, two 3’ Meso blue bars outperformed two 3’ xho’s and three 2’ OR2 blue plus bars. If you want more “pop” then the OG Pop would be the bar to use. I don’t care about dimming and controllability, I treat LED bars like T5’s, on and off. There are so many other LED fixtures that give you dimming, control, etc that you can use with these bars, that it doesn’t matter.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. Dimming and ramp features are kind of pointless. I'm on/off. Supplemental LEDs and MH. I'm kind of hoping he creates a puck style light so I can put some between my halides.

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my birthday my wife got me one of the original quanta lights. She ended up getting the wrong size so I contacted luca and he was like overly accommodating, at one point, it almost seemed suspicious he was being so nice, but in the end he just wanted me and my wife to be happy . I ended up switching to the quanta PRO reef Crest. After mounting it and having it for a few days, I cant recommend it more. They are very strong for the money/wattage. I've tested a lot of lights and the only reasonable answer is he's powering them with black magic. The ease of use and pre picked color output is amazing. The build quality is outstanding. They do have to be mounted higher than I'm used to and there isn't an easy off the shelf high end Mount, but I think I actually prefer it, the simple brackets that were provided worked perfectly. I probably won't use another light going forward. Can't recommend the light or the company more. The quality of the light and spectrum had my corals responding immediately which I've yet to experience changing lights, something is always ticked off. Every single coral has got that little extra something since I put them up. If anyone is on the fence or looking for lights, especially if you like or are familiar with t5 , this will be an easy transition. Just go for it. I have existing 90watts of lighting that run full power. This single 24 inch bar running at 37 watts doubled my par.... Black magic I tell you.
Thank you for your post!

Back