"receive from unit" not working on 7096

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case it helps, I'm running a 2007 iMac with the latest updates for OS X (10.8.4). I leave the application and USB connection to the 7096 running all the time.

After reading some history on this issue, just to make sure I'm running the latest software I've installed the latest 64-bit virtual COM drivers dated August 2012 from FTDI here (there are two installers in the download - I installed "FTDIUSBSerialDriver_10_4_10_5_10_6_10_7.mpkg") and downloaded the latest software from Tunze here.

I still couldn't retrieve the current config from the 7096, so I reconfigured the "interval mode" settings I had previously, recorded to a file to avoid having to get all the settings right next time, and sent them up to the controller.

I stepped away for an hour or so, and while I was gone the interface on the application has reset to default (blanks and zeros) and again I cannot "receive from unit".

Any tips on getting this to work? Maybe something I'm doing to contribute? No reboot was requested (it's a pain on this system or I would have) but I could schedule one if it might help.

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

P.S. FWIW, this doesn't seem to be altering the functionality of the pumps/controller at all....seems like just an interface glitch maybe.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we know about this glitch and the next Mac update should solve it. Recieve from unit does not work for the Mac interface.

OP
OP
mcarroll

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to know!

BTW, I really like the blend of functionality in this controller!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discussed this with Mr Tunze yesterday and he said he would get on it for both an update and repairing this issue. Apparently the original programmer moved on to bigger and better things so the hold up is a replacement but he has one now and will get him focused on this project.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 97 75.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 14 10.9%

Back