ReefBot Lab: The Newest All-In-One Automated Water Tester from Reef Kinetics!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Like I said never mind who said. what I want to know Is this product worth the money
Has it been put on the market too early and has problems or is it a great peace of kit and worth the money. That’s what I want to know
If you want a true review send one to @Reefer Matt he will be truthful on your product and he will do a video for everyone to see how it works

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Like I said never mind who said. what I want to know Is this product worth the money
Has it been put on the market too early and has problems or is it a great peace of kit and worth the money. That’s what I want to know
If you want a true review send one to @Reefer Matt he will be truthful on your product and he will do a video for everyone to see how it works
No thanks! I like to stay out of drama.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
No thanks! I like to stay out of drama.
No but we trust your info
If I was thinking of buying one after this thread I would be put off
He said she said some carry on
It’s simple is it any good . They are going about selling this product the wrong way.

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure if you looked, but there are some reviews in this group. I did one at my 6 month mark and didn't hold anything back.

A lot more detail in the review, but a quick summary is:

It does work

App could use a face lift. Improve readability, allow calibration/offset for reagents, etc

Cloud dependent

Doesn't seem like RK makes many changes to anything other than new versions of the bot, and if they do you would never know as there is no change log. Has been lot of request with very little followed through.

Instructions are minimal at best. Example being if you use ABC Reagents, which is which for setup? You have to find a post here or FB group for answer. If you use Redsea Cal test(don't!, last 2 days max) mixing instructions for B/C reagents have to be searched for in their help section of the app.

I explain it better in the review, but it feels like RK is always moving forward to the next sale, not so much about improving what is already out there. I hate to say it, as I do like the bot and what it could be, but I think the execution is lacking.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/6-month-review.1034454/

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back