SBB-350 Pop up WYSWYG Fathers Day Coral Auctions ! no limit no reserve bids starting at $1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can everybody who won the sticker reveal please chime in here with your number. Thank you we want to make sure we got everybody
Quatro

20230702_095408.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I know a few of you got filefish somewhat recently, how are they working for you?

I found a few more aiptasia and want to be more proactive. I Kalk the large ones I find but always find one or two down the road.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Man, I'm seeing weird results these days from different systems. Historically though, using a calcium reactor and Trident, I saw the highest alk test of the day (four times a day every six hours starting at midnight) being at noon when the lights turned on. Alk would slowly dip after the lights came on and lights out at 8pm. The lowest test of the day was always midnight, which means that calcification was occurring after the lights were out. Keep in mind, my automatic water change on the main system runs from 10-11:15pm and I use Reef Crystals, which has a very high alk. So, that system gets additional dosing before the midnight test, yet it has historically always been the lowest result.
I tested mine yesterday to try and confirm this or at least partially confirm. My alk was 9.3 at 1:30pm, lights don't come on till 12:30 on that system and then at after 10pm 9.1, this is all during the light cycle mine shut down at 10:30pm. this is typical of that frag system in my experience.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know a few of you got filefish somewhat recently, how are they working for you?

I found a few more aiptasia and want to be more proactive. I Kalk the large ones I find but always find one or two down the road.
I like mine. odd little guy and it hasn't eliminated the aphasia in that tank yet but there is definitely less.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I went the nudibranch route. Expensive little boogers, but they did the job. Bought 15 of them and split them in three areas where the aiptasia were all popping up. Within a few weeks, all the aiptasia were gone. I did see a few Aiptasia pop up on the fringes of the tank and zapped them with Aiptasia X. Haven’t seen any for several months now. I think the nudis are all gone cause they ate up their food source.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went the nudibranch route. Expensive little boogers, but they did the job. Bought 15 of them and split them in three areas where the aiptasia were all popping up. Within a few weeks, all the aiptasia were gone. I did see a few Aiptasia pop up on the fringes of the tank and zapped them with Aiptasia X. Haven’t seen any for several months now. I think the nudis are all gone cause they ate up their food source.
Aiptasia x never really worked for me. Just bought F aiptasia and will try it today. I only have a few though.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia x never really worked for me. Just bought F aiptasia and will try it today. I only have a few though.
For me, it only worked in certain areas. If the Aiptasia was in a flat place I could turn all the pumps off and the Aiptasia X would stay on them and do the job. If they were on a ledge or vertical rock it wouldn’t stay on them. So, for those, I put the Aiptasia X on them and immediately covered them with a gob of epoxy. Worked great.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah..I'm not in the trident camp. Nothing against it but I trust me more. The wifi plugs are cheap on Amazon and you hook up the extra tunze to it but it should be fine regardless. The alk situation..perhaps raise it to where it would dose about .05ish more dkh a day than what it does now. At .05 in 14 days if there is zero change you would be 9.2 which is not much of an increase. This would at least offset the increase some and not hurt anything if no extra consumption happens. Question is, do you notice a difference when you're not around for a couple days in ph/consumption.
I didn’t even know they had WiFi outlets, I’ll check it out. Thanks.

Not that I recall, I’ll go look at my logbook. It’s rare nobody is home for days. We went to San Diego for over 24-hours a few weeks ago.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Mine won't touch anything but flakes, pellets, and pods.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A filefish was on my original stocking list but because of the "possible" coral nipping I passed it up.

I like the odd looks of them.
Mine has "tasted" a few SPS but didn't leave a mark. Usually he's gliding around the rockwork and glass picking at pods.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine has "tasted" a few SPS but didn't leave a mark. Usually he's gliding around the rockwork and glass picking at pods.
I think they are goofy looking fish and like the orange spotted filefish, just don't know that I'd ever trust it.

Back