SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well @Thuan , maybe the city thinks their new electronic meters are broken. I just got another water bill and it was lower than the last.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well @Thuan , maybe the city thinks their new electronic meters are broken. I just got another water bill and it was lower than the last.
Shush. Time for wysiwyg if yours hasn't shipped yet.
273c187e8b22492362de1441bbe4daa9.gif

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering adding a frag tank to the DT system, either as a grow out or as a QT. Obviously if a QT this would be a separate system but for a grow out I was considering plumbing it into the main system by manifold from the DT main pump and draining back into the DT sump. Tank would sit next to the DT and water travel would be about 6 feet.

For those who have done this, what are the pitfalls, hassles and negatives you have had to overcome?

Thought is to use a 20 long. Drilled for a Fiji Cube overflow and return line with in tank circulation for the frags. Lighting would be LED the same as the DT.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to Florida a few times and always get my FW license. I've never caught a peacock, only largemouth, panfish, and catfish. Still a blast.
The lame but tried and true way is a bucket of shiners, they can't resist live bait. Artificial is significantly harder. We also have clown knife fish in the waterways too. The Miami spot has tarpon and snook in it too.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I can only get trout,trout, more trout, wipers, crappies, and catfish here
We have a few lakes around here stocked with trout but I've never caught any.

Mainly largemouth, panfish, and catfish. Smallmouth, walleye and saugeye if you know where.

They introduced white and hybrid whites in a lake I loved to fish in, personally I think it made any other type of bass fishing impossible, those things are everywhere.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering adding a frag tank to the DT system, either as a grow out or as a QT. Obviously if a QT this would be a separate system but for a grow out I was considering plumbing it into the main system by manifold from the DT main pump and draining back into the DT sump. Tank would sit next to the DT and water travel would be about 6 feet.

For those who have done this, what are the pitfalls, hassles and negatives you have had to overcome?

Thought is to use a 20 long. Drilled for a Fiji Cube overflow and return line with in tank circulation for the frags. Lighting would be LED the same as the DT.
I just did this. Rinse the new tank thoroughly. I used silicone tubing for my plumbing after reading others issues with elevated tin in the cheap Amazon vinyl, and a thread soaking vinyl in RODI and ICP came back with big tin.

I just Td off one of my returns, no manifold but same concept. Hassle free as long as your return has enough oomf and electric has enough residual amps to run the lights and pumps.

Be meticulous about potential contaminants I almost lost alot.
1000034557.jpg

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have a few lakes around here stocked with trout but I've never caught any.

Mainly largemouth, panfish, and catfish. Smallmouth, walleye and saugeye if you know where.

They introduced white and hybrid whites in a lake I loved to fish in, personally I think it made any other type of bass fishing impossible, those things are everywhere.
Trout lake is only 20 mins from me. I like to take my dad there. Catch our limit in no time with worms and red salmon eggs. The wipers/striped bass love mussel meat as bait. I like lure for BIG crappies. Fillet it and deep fry with Franks hot sauce.

6t4nova

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The lame but tried and true way is a bucket of shiners, they can't resist live bait. Artificial is significantly harder. We also have clown knife fish in the waterways too. The Miami spot has tarpon and snook in it too.
Most of the trips I looked at were around the airport lakes. Thought it was crazy they want $400+ to walk in fish for a few hours

Back