Setup of sump manifold ?

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I think I need two “manifolds” at my sump? One for the return lines and one for the drains from the tank? - the sump has inputs for the fuge, protein skimmer and the return section so two main drain lines coming down into three inputs … this is a standard lifereef sump system!

1715881834687.png

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pic of the sump? Drain lines should all be plumbed to the same starting point of the sump with the possible exception of an emergency drain. I’ve not heard of a manifold for your drain lines.

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pic of the sump? Drain lines should all be plumbed to the same starting point of the sump with the possible exception of an emergency drain. I’ve not heard of a manifold for your drain lines.
The left chamber is the fuge …

Attachments

• IMG_6830.png
    IMG_6830.png
    673.2 KB · Views: 25

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I think I need two “manifolds” at my sump? One for the return lines and one for the drains from the tank? - the sump has inputs for the fuge, protein skimmer and the return section so two main drain lines coming down into three inputs … this is a standard lifereef sump system!
Drain line into skimmer section
Hole at the return section should be for your return line going back into the tank
Fuge should have 2 places? One for return line water going into fuge, one for water from fuge returning to sump

I don't think you'd want manifolds (unless you have reactors in the sump you'd like to control flow to) as much as at least 1 valve on the return side to control the amount of flow going into the fuge.

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain line into skimmer section
Hole at the return section should be for your return line going back into the tank
Fuge should have 2 places? One for return line water going into fuge, one for water from fuge returning to sump

I don't think you'd want manifolds (unless you have reactors in the sump you'd like to control flow to) as much as at least 1 valve on the return side to control the amount of flow going into the fuge.
Thanks that makes sense --- except for the return hole in the top right - b/c there's also a magdrive pump in there ? idk how I'm suppose to use that already piped hole ?

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that makes sense --- except for the return hole in the top right - b/c there's also a magdrive pump in there ? idk how I'm suppose to use that already piped hole ?
Pump seperate from the return Pump?

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump seperate from the return Pump?
all I know is I have two mag drive pumps - and one blueline - the blueline is the beefy one - the one mag drive is used for the skimmer - the other one I assumed went into the return chamber

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all I know is I have two mag drive pumps - and one blueline - the blueline is the beefy one - the one mag drive is used for the skimmer - the other one I assumed went into the return chamber
Probably to run reactors? Iirc those sumps usually have them

Back