Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18 months ago and now
IMG_2488.jpeg

18 months ago and now
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_2488.jpeg
Wow looks great pretty significant change in 18 months. Good job.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the beginning of my Planet Aquarium Aquascape 233G let me know if y’all have any tips about 160lb of rock

IMG_3808.jpeg IMG_3807.jpeg IMG_3806.jpeg
i struggle to get real thin ledges, i want like either thin flat wide ones, or even thin branches and i cant seem to get the rock to break like i want. do you know if there is concrete mixes that will let you make your own rocks? like pre made mixes i can just buy? i saw the marco 400 concrete but thats just for gluing rocks together not creating entire structures.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TOMACONDA I really like yours

Building a scape that I like has always been one of my biggest challenges. My waterbox 330.7 is my latest attempt. My main goal was to have room for the fish to swim through and all the way around the rock so I seem to have at least accomplished that. They are more actively swimming than they were on the 180g they came from.
PXL_20240429_232234981.jpg

Screenshot_20240515-133513.png

TOMACONDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i struggle to get real thin ledges, i want like either thin flat wide ones, or even thin branches and i cant seem to get the rock to break like i want. do you know if there is concrete mixes that will let you make your own rocks? like pre made mixes i can just buy? i saw the marco 400 concrete but thats just for gluing rocks together not creating entire structures.
I found the shelf rock helped with the couple thin edges that I had I think the key is smashing up the rocks and small enough pieces where you can put it all back together in a way that makes sense. I did break it apart a couple of times because I didn’t like it. did the BRS super glue tack weld then motor together !

TOMACONDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Building a scape that I like has always been one of my biggest challenges. My waterbox 330.7 is my latest attempt. My main goal was to have room for the fish to swim through and all the way around the rock so I seem to have at least accomplished that. They are more actively swimming than they were on the 180g they came from.

Yeah it looks really cool! Those branches

those branches that BYU used above could be a cool addition to help you accomplish some of that negative scape and you can do it while it’s wet

TOMACONDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_3788.mov
    111.6 MB

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setups everyone! The boomies and minimal rockwork is the way to go. ;) These sorts of setups look great with stags growing out to great heights. My fish also appreciate the extra room to swim. Oh, and flow is MUCH easier to handle and deal with when you have minimal obstructions.

Here is my 3.5 month old 72*36*22 Rimless Reef

DSC_0226-3.jpg

Sonny
get a green moray eel

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 27.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back