The new GHL server

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gerard_zzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's not possible because: it's the ProfiLux, which is either connected to the old infrastructure or to the new one.
If the application is recent (see the knowledge base article linked to the update message), it will first try to reach the GHL device via the new infrastructure, and if it doesn't succeed, it will then try via the old infrastructure, in which case it will display the update message

Gael.
You mean it is not possible the PC connects to the new server and the phone to the old?
I just tried the PC again, and now it gives also the update message. That was not the case yesterday.

I will try to powercycle the router and again the P4. Hope that will work.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same problem. Just started today. My firmware is up to date.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean it is not possible the PC connects to the new server and the phone to the old?
I just tried the PC again, and now it gives also the update message. That was not the case yesterday.

I will try to powercycle the router and again the P4. Hope that will work.
I'm saying that the GHL device can't be connected to the old infrastructure and the new one at the same time.
So it's not the GHL Connect access software that decides this.

However, I've just been informed by our server team that in the event of a fault with the new myGHL server (which isn't impossible as there are adjustments to be made as the load increases), myGHL's DNS entries are modified to redirect myGHL devices to the old infrastructure (instead of causing a general outage).
I didn't have this information before, sorry.
The problem is the (misleading and incorrect) display of the update message... but that will be changed next week.

Gaël

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7.33 and get the message about being connected to the old server.

I can't upgrade until i order a new power adapter (kids lost the old one) for my crappy Acer laptop.
Patiently waiting for over the air updates for Mac users! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

gerard_zzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm saying that the GHL device can't be connected to the old infrastructure and the new one at the same time.

However, I've just been informed by our server team that in the event of a fault with the new myGHL server (which isn't impossible as there are adjustments to be made as the load increases), myGHL's DNS entries are modified to redirect myGHL devices to the old infrastructure (instead of causing a general outage).
The problem is the (misleading and incorrect) display of the update message... but that will be changed next week.

Gaël
Thank you!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gaël
1706460790464.png

I thought I was on the new servers yesterday, but logged in this morning and got the popup saying that I am on the old infrastructure. Am I to understand that this failed over?

Oddly - my email notifications stopped working when I did the upgrade to 7515 and the when I went to see why, all of the settings were missing. I assumed this was a side effect of the new server. I put them all back in, but none of the tests came through. This morning, they are working again (along with the msg that I am on the old server). Adding the message along with the email notifications stopping and starting, It feels like I am on the old server.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1706460790464.png

I thought I was on the new servers yesterday, but logged in this morning and got the popup saying that I am on the old infrastructure. Am I to understand that this failed over?

Oddly - my email notifications stopped working when I did the upgrade to 7515 and the when I went to see why, all of the settings were missing. I assumed this was a side effect of the new server. I put them all back in, but none of the tests came through. This morning, they are working again (along with the msg that I am on the old server). Adding the message along with the email notifications stopping and starting, It feels like I am on the old server.
Reboot Internet router then GHL device to force switch to the new server.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a strange way to do things.
I think more than anything, this is a DNS change. Rebooting device and/or router forces arp and dns cache refresh. I it looks like there is really very little to do with the wireless firmware or web interface.

gerard_zzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gaël
Powercycling the router and the P4 did the trick. I am on the new server.
Thank you for your help.

lmvbugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you tell if you are on the new server? I updated GHL connect like instructed before the change over but I continue to get a warning message when I access the app. I have been trying to log on via the web interface using my profilux 4's IP address but it keeps saying that it takes too long to connect. I am on Apple devices but using a Chrome web browser like recommended.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
How can you tell if you are on the new server? I updated GHL connect like instructed before the change over but I continue to get a warning message when I access the app. I have been trying to log on via the web interface using my profilux 4's IP address but it keeps saying that it takes too long to connect. I am on Apple devices but using a Chrome web browser like recommended.
Not like it matters. Lol Still can’t connect for **** just like the old server

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to log on via the web interface using my profilux 4's IP address but it keeps saying that it takes too long to connect. I am on Apple devices but using a Chrome web browser like recommended.
Have you ever update you P4 web interface and the wifi module?

Sincerely Lasse

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not like it matters. Lol Still can’t connect for **** just like the old server
Unfortunately, I can’t see much of an improvement either. I guess sometimes progress is defined as not moving backwards.

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I can’t see much of an improvement either. I guess sometimes progress is defined as not moving backwards.
In the decades I've been in this hobby it's threads like this that keep me from investing in GHL. The equipment looks great but the disconnect between development and roll out to the end user appears to be perpetually problematic.

So glad to read you're not actually moving backwards :upside-down-face:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the decades I've been in this hobby it's threads like this that keep me from investing in GHL. The equipment looks great but the disconnect between development and roll out to the end user appears to be perpetually problematic.

So glad to read you're not actually moving backwards :upside-down-face:
The hardware is very good and I have no real issue with the software functionality in general except for the dashboard itself.

I wouldn’t touch the competitor’s product with a 10’ pole. The hardware is lousy and mobius is a disaster, IMHO.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t touch the competitor’s product with a 10’ pole. The hardware is lousy and mobius is a disaster, IMHO.

I fully respect the statement. Your replies are pretty balanced which is nice to see. On the other hand I'm in the other camp and wouldn't touch this product even if it was provided at a discount. Saying goes don't judge a book by its cover. Pretty is nice but everything has warts.

Ignoring our preferences it is always interesting to read various threads whereas hobbyist are using the same product, or used, and have opposite experiences. Is it hobbyist? Equipment? Environmental? Luck or no luck?

I really don't know....

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 29 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 71 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.8%
Back