Trouble w/LG RBA stuck in pump

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RBA went on the move after a year in one place. Ended up in a water flow pump . It was stuck in the plastic filter cap so I remove the cap and carefull removed the foot from the glass and put it back on the bottom cap and RBA stuck in it. It lost a lot of tenticals in tank . I sucked them all up . Hoping it will get itself out and maybe recover. Any chance or should I give it a Flush?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it has some of the foot and mouth (and not even necessarily the mouth) it should be fine.
If there are some "rougher" edges, just slice it with a razor/scapel (clean with alcohol first) to help prevent it from decay or bacteria infection.
I have fragged them up and missed the mouth completely on a few occassions and they have been fine.
I would put it in the sump and give it a few days to recovery, then back in the display to finish healing up.

xrayrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the wait and see. I had a red bubble tip climb into the overflow box, end up in the sump, then spit back into the display after going through the return pump. I removed the filter in the return pump, to allow pods from my refugium to make it to the display, so he went through, and cam out a bunch of little pieces, and 3 large ones. I threw out the small pieces, but all 3 of the big pieces lived, although one of them never looked normal.

OP
OP
Cuda

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will see what happens . He was a foot across when opened up . I think he was moving to split and went to pieces instead.

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my rbta of 7+" went into a pump 3 weeks ago and lost 3/4" of its tentacles, it recovering and sprouting new tentacles day by day.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clones of mine used to give themselves buzz cuts all the time with no real ill effects. The mother almost never moved (except when cloning), but it wasn't at all uncommon to come home to little fluorescent green pieces all over the tank. When it happens, turn the pump off and let the anemone crawl out on it's own. That seems to be less stressful.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back