TUNZE Powerhead Question? Im at a loss.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys I'm at a loss. I run 2 TUNZE 6100.01 & a 6060 on my 90 and i had a buddy recently give me an additional tunze which i do not know the model of.
The problem i have ran into is my 6100.01's have the pump which leads to the driver then to the ballast then to a standard plug which i have hooked up to a chauvet light timer for waves. The pump that was given to me however does not have a standard plug, it had no driver or ballast just at the end of the cable there is a little square with a nob to adjust flow rate and an input plug for the cables that come with the controllers.
I just bought a 7091 controller to be able to run the pump as a backup but there is still a problem, the controller does not come with a standard plug either. Instead it has a male adapter which can be plugged into the driver box on my 6100.01's or can be plugged into the small square adapter on the mystery tunze.
My question is what do i need to be able to plug in and run the mystery tunze? is there a cable or somthing that i am missing? I am at a total loss.
I'll post some pics of exactly what i am talking about, and hopefully someone out there knows what i am doing wron and knows what i need to do to get this additional pump up and running...

Last edited:
OP
OP
GnarleyMarley

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the controllerand the plug. Note that the only other plug that can be connected to the controller is a photocell, there is no place for a power adapter.
IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

And here is the mystery pump and the plug that is connected to it.
IMAG0441-1.jpg

IMAG0444.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a 6101 actually, it may be a very early version that still had the 6100.100 label. You need a DC power supply 6105.240 to run it. I am hesitant to recommend spending money on this pump though as it would be at least 5 years old and it seems to have been glued to its magnet holder, so any further repair is near impossible short of replacing the power supply or impeller.

Back