OP
N

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatoms now gone. Now I’m dealing with cyanobacteria.

Newly added today: Trochus snail and cerith snail, a second kogi wada (more purple than pink).
Added a couple weeks ago: Purple candelabra gorgonian, a pink lemonade nepthea. I have my heart set on a Julian’s gorgonian, but still waiting to find one online.

Also, switched out the razor algae for a red bush.

My nitrates dropped to zero which has me a little worried. My ammonia is still zero. Phosphates at 0.03. Either the cyano and macroalgae is just taking up all the nutrients, or I need more livestock.
Cyano still an issue on the second week. I’m dosing Dr. Tim’s eco-balance to add more microbial diversity.

New pump: Decided to go with the AI axis 20 instead. Currently keeping it at 50%. It’s a little tight in the 3rd chamber as I have my heater in there as well. Also got the Innovative Marine spin stream nozzle. Clown goby is not liking it. Hides on the side of the rock to avoid the flow, which I really don’t think is too high, I calculate to only be 15x.

The smaller kogi wada is not growing. It’s kind of smaller lately than its largest form. I’m trying to figure out what it is. I don’t think it’s the flow. I suspect it’s the nutrients in the tank. But it might be the light as it “blooms” more when the lights are off and the house lights are the only thing illuminating the tank. But I can’t imagine it’s too high. This is my light schedule with ai prime 16hd about 12 inches from the surface of the water.
IMG_8355.PNG

I don’t think adding copepods helped. I don’t see them anywhere and suspect the goby ate them all up or they’re trapped in the filter media.

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back