£600 budget for tank and setup

Twisted118

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone my daughter has said she wants NEMO and DORY fish :eek:

I have done some research well a little and alot more to come but im looking for a setup i can get in the uk.

:cool:
I heard this site is a great place for advice. I'm wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction to something within my budget can swing a little more for the right thing any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! You have come to the right place! You will need a pretty good size tank for the tang (dory) maybe look around on sites and try and find a used setup. I see a lot of used tanks taken down from people getting out of the hobby or upgrading, check out Craigslist or local reef club. Good luck!

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the UK, so not sure what the market is like there, but a "Dory" (Blue Tang) needs a large tank. I have one in my 150 gallon (600L) tank, and even that size is on the small side. Wouldn't be able to find anything new in your price range for a Dory, but might want to check around for used setups near you. Often you can get a tank and most of the equipment needed for Alot cheaper than new. I have gotten whole setups for almost 90% off of retail that were used.

If you are able to do just NEMO, than something as small as a 30 or 40 gallon tank would be good. If you don't intend on getting coral, than a tank that size can be reasonably priced to run and take care of. I'd personally still look around for used setups as it is still a huge money saver, but may be able to do a 30-40 gallon tank with your budget.

OP
OP
Twisted118

Twisted118

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks i would be looking at coral i want to start small and work my way bigger poor dory will have to wait then but nemo is on the cards......... i just have no idea what to look for and if its a goo price to start with

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks i would be looking at coral i want to start small and work my way bigger poor dory will have to wait then but nemo is on the cards......... i just have no idea what to look for and if its a goo price to start with
When you find something you may like post it on here and I’m sure you will get tons of feedback!

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it this way I’m in the uk and 3k in after 4 months Already and have a 100 gallon tank that isn’t big enough for a regal tang aka dory

OP
OP
Twisted118

Twisted118

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it this way I’m in the uk and 3k in after 4 months Already and have a 100 gallon tank that isn’t big enough for a regal tang aka dory
looks like a couple of nemos then lol ....... still cant find anything within budget though

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes on gum tree you can find some good deals people get bored etc i once got a 500 ltr tank for free but you have to be quick unfortunately marine is quiet expensive even at the cheap end where abouts in UK are you I keep an eye out

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try WaterBox all in one series

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option is Maidenhead aquatics do 0 percent interest on tanks and if you get all the equipment wave makers sand heaters lights etc etc everything you need on the same day it all goes on the zero percent finance if that's an option

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back