“Feed More” they say, I AM!

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g sps tank that nutrients keep hitting almost zero and corals pale.

I am dosing Calcium Nitrate to keep measurable levels, what is the best bio available phosphate source for corals?

-I have an auto feeder dropping pellets 6 times daily
-1 cube of PE mysis or Reef Frenzy nightly (soaked in tank water and strained through brine shrimp net)
-skimmer is my ONLY filtration method aside from water changes

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest you dose up PO4 FIRST, then circle back for nitrates. Once you start dosing nitrates, you might notice your phosphate drop again and you will need to dose even harder. You might be SHOCKED at how much you need to dose and for how long. I dosed well over a liter before I could keep a measurable amount in the water column. It binds to your rock/sand until it reaches a certain concentration.

This works very well and was recommended by our resident chemist @Randy Holmes-Farley if I recall correctly. It saves for a LONG time.
2 grams per liter.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back