Black clown
Picasse clown
Blue regal tang
Scopas tang
Blue eye bristle tooth tang
Green chromis
Timor wrasse

180g

need to restock some fish and re-evaluating next fish steps….

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty of wellsophyllia, hammers, frogs, torches blastos, acans. Neither my bellus nor my Watanabe touch any of them

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame angel and he has destroyed both trachy's and pocillopora.

I also have a Japanese swallowtail and she's never touched a single coral.

I will say though, I love my flame angel so much that I select what coral I can keep largely based on whether or not he thinks it's tasty. He's gorgeous, feisty, and the first fish almost everyone who doesn't know anything about reef tanks comments on when they see the tank.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majestic Angel. Doesn’t touch my SPS or LPS

1FAF3D95-F803-445C-A395-EEDC5461C6D9.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want the money, a Melanospilos can always substitute for a Semifasciatus. A Caudovittatus can also do this, all three of these species are similar as males (Caudovittatus and Melanospilos are closer in looks). This is my… questionable specimen. I’ve had several assuming he’s a hybrid (He hasnt really reverted any further than this even with a varied diet).
7E1BB4DC-33AA-40AD-AE12-AC231FBFB49E.jpeg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have a 180, I would go for one of the Genicanthus angels. They are reef safe plankton eaters. Which one depends on availability, price range, and what you like. Lamarck is cheapest and big.

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Most dwarf angels are hit or miss. You'll get a flame or bicolor that leaves coral alone, or you'll get one that picks at it. Or you'll get one that decides to be a model citizen for a few months, realizes it's not getting paid enough, and will decimate your coral.

Swallowtail, bellus, Watanabei, and llamarks. Those are the safe ones, not just in a "maybe they'll leave it alone" kind of way but the genicanthus family in the wild are natural planktivores. (Llamarks isn't genicanthus, but it eats zooplankton)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swallowtail, bellus, Watanabei, and llamarks. Those are the safe ones, not just in a "maybe they'll leave it alone" kind of way but the genicanthus family in the wild are natural planktivores. (Llamarks isn't genicanthus, but it eats zooplankton)
To be picky:
All angels are in the same family, Pomacanthidae.
Genicanthus is a genus. Genicanthus lamarck is in that genus.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most dwarf angels are hit or miss. You'll get a flame or bicolor that leaves coral alone, or you'll get one that picks at it. Or you'll get one that decides to be a model citizen for a few months, realizes it's not getting paid enough, and will decimate your coral.

The Lamarcki Angel is part of the Genicanthus genus (Family is an entire group of fish which can be separated into genera and subgenera), and while the most of them do avoid coral in captivity, they are still relatively risky if you get a species that is naturally found in shallower water. Melanospilos, Caudovittatus, Semifasciatus are more so likely to be reef safe due to the depths they’re from.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back