••••BTA Help needed!•••••

SaltyFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s happening?

3443C6F9-A1E8-4677-B8D0-4A58450F6C29.jpeg 852B62AF-C2EB-4F06-AFB7-A5345BBC246F.jpeg

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters? How old is the tank? How long have you had the nem?

It could be expelling waste but if so, shouldn't have a mouth that open for move than 10ish minutes. Mine occasionally open wide for 20 min max but they need to close back up. Hanging open is a sign of a problem.

Kryptonian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never read ammonia on API but there's no reason you should have any in that established of a tank..

He still has decent size so I'd just keep an eye on it's mouth a hopefully tomorrow morning it will have closed back up. I've worried about my nems from time to time when I see this behavior but they've eventually closed and bubbled back up. Maybe just didn't like his last meal?

OP
OP
SaltyFan

SaltyFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything bothering it?
Not that I’m aware of. About five weeks ago I removed a pair of maroon clown fish that I had in this tank because they were so aggressive at hosting and that was the main them that they hosted in. Now the pair of clowns that I have are a female gladiator paired with a Wyoming white and they have not hosted any of my names, do you think that would be a problem for that one since it had clowns for so long? And another thing is that this one continues to move around…?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back